cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Insurance Repair covered by a warranty ?

neilr24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, my contract for my samsung s5neo has recently run out but before it did I had it repaired through my vodafone insurance. The phone now has a black screen but still seems to receive messages and the power light and bottom lights come on obviously since my contract is up so is my insurance but I had been informed in a phone shop that a repair should come with a 3 month warranty. It is still inside that and the phone is in perfect Nick due to it hardly being used while waiting a month on my unlock code. Does anyone know about this warranty?

Cheers 

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @neilr24 what was the initial fault? if it was the same then yes that repair should have a warranty I believe but if it was a different fault then no.

BandOfBrothers

Samsung phones come with a Manufacturing Warranty of 24 months @neilr24 which is supported by Vodafone or a Samsung Service Location. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes it's past the 24 month warranty and it's not the same issue however they did put a new screen on it which may be causing the problem. Surely if they class the phone as suitable for refurbishment rather than giving you a new one it should work for more than a few weeks.??

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@neilr24 Our in store advisers would need to investigate the problem with your phone, before being able to confirm whether it would be covered under warranty. 

Please visit your local store again and ask them to take a look into it - they'll be happy to help 😊

Cheers I'll Do that