main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Internet and voicemail not working

SOLVED
View solved solution
Laura
4: Newbie

Hi, hope someone can help me with a couple of problems which may or may not be connected.

Firstly, my voicemail service isn't working - if someone calls me and I don't answer it just rings and doesn't divert to voicemail. I'm not sure how long this has been going on, I just found a couple of people said they hadn't been able to leave me voicemails.

Secondly, I've had a problem with my internet connection since Saturday. It's fine if I'm connected to WiFi, but 4G seems to have a problem. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like there's some internect connectivity - so if I open Facebook then my newsfeed loads (though it might be cached?), but if I try to click on a link then it just hangs. And if I try to run anything which require an internet connection (i.e. Pokemon Go) then it just hangs. If I try to Google something it just says I'm offline.

No idea why either of these things has happened, I've not changed any settings! Please can anyone help? :Smiling:

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laura

Thank you everyone! I deactivated and reactivated the voicemail and that's fixed now.

Regarding the internet, I checked the data was switched on and it was but I switched it off and on again, that didn't work but I just switched the phone off, took the SIM out - then put the SIM back and turned it on..... and it's working! Thanks all!! :Laughing_Face:

View solution in original position

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
hrym
17: Community Champion

With regard to the voicemail, have you tried cancelling it (1210) and then turning it on again (1211)?  Has it ever worked?  If it hasn't, talk to Customer Services and ask them to reset it.

Is the data connection issue only in one place or everywhere?   It could be a mast issue, so testing it in other places would test that.   You can also look at the coverage checker to see if there are any known issues in your area.

View more options
Laura

Hi, thanks for answering me :Smiling:

The voicemail definitely used to work, I could try cancelling it and turning it on again, do I just need to dial those numbers?

My flatmate is with Vodafone too and she's not had problems, I've used the coverage checker you suggested and it's showing good coverage (indoors and outdoors) for 4G in my whole area, so I think it's a problem specific to me :Sad_face:

View more options
BandOfBrothers

If the short codes for turning voicemail Off and On dont seem to work then id suggest to cancel all diverts first and then try turning Voicemail on 

Also ejecting the sim card and Re inserting may help. 

To cancel all diverts launch your phone app and dial Key in ##002# and press the call icon.

Return to the home screen. Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
hrym

There are a couple of simple things you could also try to sort the data connection.

1. Make sure mobile data hasn't got turned off by accident.   Open Settings and make sure the toggle is ON.
2. Simply restart the phone.

If toggling voicemail doesn't work, you can still ask Customer Services to do a reset from their end.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

@Laura

To add to @hrym suggestions...

Are you able to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card / account that might be at issue. 

Try clearing your apps and browsers cache and data and cookies. 

You could always also try setting up the internet again by texting WEB to 40127. 

Turning the phone Off and On can also sometimes help as suggested. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Laura

Thank you everyone! I deactivated and reactivated the voicemail and that's fixed now.

Regarding the internet, I checked the data was switched on and it was but I switched it off and on again, that didn't work but I just switched the phone off, took the SIM out - then put the SIM back and turned it on..... and it's working! Thanks all!! :Laughing_Face:

View solution in original position

View more options
hrym

Ah, the old "turn it off and turn it on again" trick :Smiley_face_with_shades:.   Solves so many problems!   Glad to hear you're sorted - this is something that's horribly difficult to diagnose by remote control.

View more options