Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Dual SIM?

pulimiharish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Dual SIM or is the other SIM slot used for External Storage card?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There are dual model sim variants but you would need to check in with Vodafone specs sheets on this. 

I'll also take a peek to see. 

Sometimes the dual hybrid models are only available direct from the manufacturer a bit like the Note 9. 

This is because typically phones supplied by a network are locked so they are single sim and Sd card compliant only. 

Edit...

huawei/mate-20-pro

"Plenty of storage with 128GB built in and Nano SD up to 512GB"

I'm not able to see anything yet about dual sim I'm afraid. 

Maybe popping into a Vodafone Highstreet Store may yield clarification too. 

Plus the Vodafone Teams here might be able to help once they've caught up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Got my Mate 20 pro today and its not Dual SIM 

But overall impressed with the phone :Smiling:

Unfortunately as suspected then.

I agree it's quite an impressive phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Do you know what type of screen you have got? Apparently there is 2 versions of the screen and one of them with a certain type of touch panel has some sort glue or green screen issue putting me right off! Would appreciate to know. Thanks

Mine is LYA-L09 and is seems its the one people faced problem with. But so far I haven't seen the issue on mine but too early to tell as its only 2 days old. So far I am pretty happy with it and it's miles apart from S8+

Thanks for letting me know the model.  It is a bit concerning and may take a gamble.  Side by side with a galaxy s9/note9, the Mate20 pro screen was the one that popped out the most as the screen was so good, clear, crispy and bright.

Are we sure the vodafone supplied mate 20 pro is not dual sim ?. There is some confusion

I have got this mobile  from vodafone UK and i have been  told that the mobile is dual sim.  Before busing i spoke with vodafone sales rep through chat ,the sales rep confirmed in the chat the mobile mate 20 pro is dual sim. 

After few days i tried with another sim, and it doesnt work. then i had a chat again with sales rep through chat and they again confirmed that this is a dual sim and another sim slot will work after unlocking the device with vodafone help and unlocking will take 3 months as vodafone needs customer to pay 3 months pay monthly bill before unlocking phone.

now it passed 30 day return and whats the option  ? I have all the chat evidence  (in my email) where they confirmed its a dual sim. What options do i have now as it passed 30 day period ?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @mate20prouser, so we can take a look into your account and see exactally what you've been offered I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.