Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG4 can't acess data

Frabish
1: Seeker

I have a Canadian issued LG4 using a Vodaphone sim while on holiday. I can rarely, if ever, acess data. The problem has gotten worse in the six days since the Sim was installed. I can make calls in the UK, but no data. Phone is inlocked. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The official line from Vodafone UK is that they cannot guarantee to support a phone that wasn't released here in the UK for use on the UK Networks. 

If this was me I'd first use the gsmarena site to check the bands and frequency specs of your phone and then compare them to the bands and frequencies Vodafone UK use. Screenshot_20181002-051750_Samsung Internet.jpg

You should be able to have the phone unlocked either by the network its locked to or via using a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones. I wouldn't personally use online unlocking solutions. 

Then you'll be able to use any network sim card in it. 

Issues could also be with the masts your using. So does this happen everywhere you go. If only in one area then its possibly a mast congestion issue. 

If everywhere then its possibly your sim card or account to which your network customer services can check or to rule out the phone as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Frabish

The only problem here will be the correct APN settings for Vodafone UK otherwise you wouldn't be able to make calls.  You can find how to instal the correct settings from the link below.

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)?

When you have installed the settings, the phone may default to the Canadian settings and you will need to go into your phone settings by going to more, access point names and make sure Vodafone UK pre paid for PAYG is selected.