Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Latest s7 software update (7/6/2017)

ilsonlad1
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Yesterday (7th June2017)  I had a software update appear on my SM-G930F (s7 already running Nougat 7.0)

I'm not sure whether it's been tested by Vodafone or safe to download and install?

The new version (should i choose to install) is G930FXXU1DQEI/G930FVFG1DQE3/G930FXXU1DQD7 @ 349.40 MB

There are some horror stories on other forums about severe battery drain, messed up text problems with outgoing calls etc etc from users that have installed the "latest updates" and I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this? My s7 is locked to Vodafone. thank you

11 REPLIES 11

markwcel
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I downloaded and installed it yesterday. Everyhting is still working fine with no noticable differences to battery or anything. The only difference i really noticed is that I can get wifi calling now :smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

Thank you for your swift reply to my question, really appreciate that. I'm not so worried about the WIFI calling but i'm hoping theres a fix to the "keep screen turned off" as it's not working on my phone. Unfortunately i didnt try that feature before I updated to Nougat 7.0 so dont know if it's not working since the  Nougate update or whether it wasn't working anyway. Thanks again