Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light comes on in pocket

phazelwood
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Smart Prime 7 and several times now, the light has come on when the phone is locked and on standby  - in my pocket.

I guess there is a 'fast-key' way to turn on the light which is being pressed accidentally ?

What is it, and can I disable it ?

Many thanks.

Pete H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @BandOfBrothers for the reply.

I have fixed the problem, after it happened once again ! The screen WAS locked, but there are some icons at the bottom of the screen, one of which is for the light - swiped to turn on (even when screen is locked).

I then found Settings/Display/Lockscreen shortcuts - turning that to 'off' removed the icons. Sorted !

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @phazelwood

I cannot see anything obvious in connection to a fast key in the online manual for that phone model. 

Have you tried to recreate this by trying various touching of the phone ?

I'm wondering if it's not properly locking whilst in your pocket. 

You could pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and ask the employees there if they have any further knowledge on the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers for the reply.

I have fixed the problem, after it happened once again ! The screen WAS locked, but there are some icons at the bottom of the screen, one of which is for the light - swiped to turn on (even when screen is locked).

I then found Settings/Display/Lockscreen shortcuts - turning that to 'off' removed the icons. Sorted !

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome @phazelwood

Glad the suggestion to try and re create the issue worked and thank you for updating your thread with the steps you took to resolve it. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.