Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light for notifications

FeralVet22
1: Seeker

I have a V8 and the small white light next to the camera lens is on ALL THE TIME, and I have zero notifications, closed all apps and cleared everything.  Also, the pulse notification is turned off.  The light isn't pulsing, it is just on all the time regardless of being charged, and stays on even when I use battery saver.  It eats up my battery so that I start with a full charge and half way into my day itis down to 60% without me even using it for anything more than checking the tiime.  Please help?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm wondering if an app you've downloaded is causing this due to it's preferences @FeralVet22

I would suggest to put the phone in Safe Mode which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation.

If it goes Off then start uninstalling your most recent apps one by one. 

If it remains On in safe mode then you could try backing up and Factory Reset as a last resort. 

That and or take the phone into a Vodafone High street Store for them to take a look. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @FeralVet22 does your phone have a torch function? That may be switched on?

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm assuming that the OP is referring to the small led light on the front of the phone next to the front camera, rather than the flash/torch on the back.

I had a V8 and the small light ion the front was used for notifications and also was lit up when the phone was on charge. I had a couple of instances where the white light stayed on despite the phone not being charged or having any notifications but restarting the phone cleared it up. Can only assume it's a system glitch.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym

Looking at this and the various replies, I don't think the notification LED would significantly consume battery on its own.   It's more likely to be a symptom of another problem and I'd start by following @BandOfBrothers suggestion to start in safe mode.   If that doesn't solve the problem, the next step would probably be a factory reset (don't forget to back up your content first).   As this would be part of any repair process, you wouldn't lose anything by trying it yourself.