Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost Internet

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

I have a Smart Phone 7, which I think is usless, but have a 2year contract till Aug, so have to put up with it till them.

But the last few days I have not been able to connect to the internet indoors, it keeps saying Authenticating failed, I don't know how to find where to put in the Router Password key, [I have that] if that is the reason why has it stop all of a sudden,

I have turned off Mobil Date, as I only have a small amount.

Not a great problem, but annoying if when sitting on sofa I can't get e-mails without getting up to the 'proper' computer.

Thanks for any help, but try and make it as simple as possable. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're welcome, that's what the community is for. Glad it's all sorted.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @widgetwilk39

If you turn on your WiFi on your settings, you will be able to see where you can add a new network and enter the password key, you should also be able to add your home network by using the WPS key on the side of the router and it should find your device.

If you already have the network added, you will need to delete the network and readd.  This should sort it out for you and you will be browsing the internet in your home using your home WiFi connection.

Tried that, no luck, but in settings/WiFi it shows the triangle of Plusnet in green with a small padlock beside it, all the wifi symbles have the padlock.

Still keeps saying Autenticating problem, nothing wrong with my computer so can't be an Plusnet problem, when I click on it it says 'Authenticating and Signal strenth Poor,

do you think that is the problem?? if so why is my computer alright?

Just a thought, you've not recently changed your password for the wifi have you? If the phone is set to connect automatically to the network using the old password that will cause the problem. You 'll need to try to "forget network" and then log in from scratch.

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym

What you need to do is tell the device to forget that network, so that you can then re-add it.   If tapping on it doesn't bring up the appropriate options, try a long press.  When you next try to connect, you should be prompted for the network password.

I've occasionally seen authentication problems, but it's usually a network or hardware incompatibility problem.   I assume this isn't the case here unless you've changed your router.

Edited to add: the padlock symbol simply means that the network has security and requires a password.

Thanks for replies, have not changed password or router,

will follow your advice later, just got in to lunch and off again soon,

am very grarful for your help, will let you know what happens

I've done, well not me, I had a visit from my step grandson, age 19,  ask him if he could get internet on my phone, gave him all the passwords ect, and just like that, he did it,  so to be honest, it must have been me doing it all wrong,

Thank you all so much for your interest and replies, but I am happy again. XXX

You're welcome, that's what the community is for. Glad it's all sorted.

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

hrym

Ah, children/grandchildren.   Useful things, aren't they? :Smiley_face_with_heart_eyes: