main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Lost control

Andreodi
2: Seeker

Hi. My phone sudden keeps closing and opening apps without me doing anything. Tried factory restore, no change

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Andreodi

It would help if you mentioned the Andoid phone you are using.

The first thing to do would be to clear your application cache and application data.  This is done by going into your applications and clear cache and data on the applications causing a problem.

However, if you have a phone with a limited amout of storage, and have too many applications open this may be causing your applications to immediately close and you may need to free up some space on your phone by deleting unwanted applications.

It would also be worth checking you have the latest updates for the applications, this can be done by accessing  the Play Store and going into your installed applications.  If you click on your applications, you will be able to check if there is an update available.

View more options
Andreodi

Vodafone smart ultra 6. As I mentioned above, I did a factory reset without any success.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

If your factory resetting and then restoring your info then if the issue is in the back up your just re introducing the issue @Andreodi

What I would suggest is either put the phone in safe mode which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if a rogue downloaded app is causing this situation if it stops and then take it out of safe mode and start deleting your mkst recent downloaded apps one at a time or factory reset but do not use your back up. 

Set it up as new to see if the issue continues. 

Ensure your firmware is up to date. 

If it does then a Vodafone High street Store can send it off for a diagnostic.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Andreodi

If you have done a factory reset, this should have cleared everything. However, if you did a back up, you will still have the same applications on the phone.

At a guess, you have had the phone for a whilst and will now be out of the 2 year warranty.  If that is correct any repair would be chargeable.

Compared to the latest phone available, the Ultra 6 only has 16 GB internal and 2GB RAM, you may find just freeing up some space might stop the applications from closing.  As well as deleting any unused apps, try deleting any old text message conversations and clearing your call list, this may be all that is needed.

View more options
Andreodi

As I said, did factory restore. No backup, no restore.  The phone is 1.5 years old

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Andreodi

The phone is still in warranty, take it into a Vodafone Store and they will be able to take a look and if needed, arrange to send the phone away for repair.

@Andreodi

You have a handset issue, the only people who can look at your phone are in a store.  You need to go back to the store and explain your problem.  I know this is something you have already done but you are going to need to be persistent.

View more options
Andreodi

I did all that. Nothing. Same problem. I have Android 6.0.1

View more options
Mark

As @AnnS advised @Andreodi the issue you're expereincing sounds like a fault with your phone. So we can arrange for this to be repaired, pop into your local Vodafone store and the team will be happy to help. 

View more options