Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MMS downloading

mtcsltd
6: Helper
6: Helper

I've received an MMS. it's supposed to contain a photo but instead shows a comment saying 'downloading', but it never completes downloading. It contains text saying the message size, and an expiry date.

Is there a reason why the download doesn't complete?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have been on holiday, hence delay.

I'm a business user. Apparently there are different MMS settings on the phone for consumer and business accounts.

MMS was not turned off in my account, it was enabled. It just wasn't configured right on my phone. A vodafone support person called me and gave me the following settings (NOTE: BUSINESS ACCOUNTS ONLY as far as I know)

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy: 212.183.137.012

Port: 8799

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 212.183.137.012

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

Authentication type: PAP

These settings work fine for me on a business contract.

Perhaps some one with a consumer account can check to see if these settings differ from their settings. They are found in Settings/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/, then press on the APN already in use on your phone to see the detailed APN settings.

Hope that helps anyone else in a similar situation.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

chrissyb1981
4: Newbie

are you trying to download it via your 3g/h connection or via wi-fi as you'll find you can't get them via wi-fi, you need to use your 3g data connection.

This is easy you have not got MMS on your account 

If you had and your phone was on wifi you would get a download box, and you would have to go 3G

Contact secound tier Tecnical 

Not First tier or customer service as they will just send pointless txt messages 

then you will find MMS is switched off

after they turn it back on it take 24 hours to start 

Oh and the message you have will not down load it is lost 

Thank you NDJ.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Not a problem 

thumbs up.gif

Have been on holiday, hence delay.

I'm a business user. Apparently there are different MMS settings on the phone for consumer and business accounts.

MMS was not turned off in my account, it was enabled. It just wasn't configured right on my phone. A vodafone support person called me and gave me the following settings (NOTE: BUSINESS ACCOUNTS ONLY as far as I know)

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy: 212.183.137.012

Port: 8799

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 212.183.137.012

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

Authentication type: PAP

These settings work fine for me on a business contract.

Perhaps some one with a consumer account can check to see if these settings differ from their settings. They are found in Settings/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/, then press on the APN already in use on your phone to see the detailed APN settings.

Hope that helps anyone else in a similar situation.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mtcsltd

Thank you for your post and it i sgreat to see you.:smileyhappy:

I see there has been some excellent support provided and in order for me to take a look at your account I have sent a Private Message for you to follow, once we have your response we will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team 

emmb2012
1: Seeker

I'm also having this problem, I've checked my settings and they are correct but I'm just getting "downloading" as the message.

Can I retrieve the messages once it's sorted too?

Thanks in advance.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there emmb2012,

Thanks for your post regarding MMS.

Are you able to send them without issue?

Are you able to browse the internet on your device?

What happens if you send yourself and MMS?

I'm afraid previously sent MMS will not be able to be downloaded again if your account is not provisioned.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Lee (and tech team)

I am also having a similar issue, I have tried the solutions on the other peoples replies and it still won't work. Can someon help me too please.

Thanks