Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 11 Lite 5G (PAYG) - blurry display

sirgoldi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I bought a month ago Mi 11 Lite 5G and from the very moment it arrived, I had suspicious that display is way to blurry to be real 1080p panel. Indeed, I found in the Internet on XDA developers that many users experience same problem as Xiaomi delivers this phone with two types of display manufactured by different factories (Tianma and Huaxing). Unfortunately I was unlucky to get the bad one (Tianma) and after Vodafone agreed to send me another phone, it appeared to be next one with poor display. I tried to explain the issue via phone but unfortunately support just recognize it as "faulty display" and it's totally random whether I can get another one with finally proper display. I thought that Community help is last change to somehow resolve this problem and exchange this phone with good one, equipped with advertised 1080p panel instead of something like at best like 720-800p. I just can't stand phone with blurry display, it affects my eyes badly and I really want to have this super light phone. Xiaomi's support unfortunately says that problem doesn't exist and don't want to act in my case as I bought phone from Voda while users with Tianma display desperately tries to get a good version.

Any chance I get help here? Thank you.

Here the problem is described:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/be-careful-there-are-two-types-of-screens.4270203/

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I appreciate what your saying as I've also come across phone's that have had two different panel options when being assembled. It can depend on where the phone was built if the manufacturer uses two or more different manufacturing plants.

This can affect overall viewing and sometimes they can be warmer or cooler to view i.e more blue or yellow in tint.

This happened with some iPhone's a few years back.

That said it may just be a bad batch of display screens too and not the actual make of panel.

The Social Media Team's here wouldn't be able to intervene to ensure you get the panel your wanting I'm afraid.

Vodafone would just replace the phone under the 14 day cooling off period / manufacturing warranty if you contact Customer Services.

I'm not confident you'd be successful in requesting a certain panel even if you failed a complaint as Vodafone would be reliant on which models of phone's they are supplied by the manufacturer.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for kind response.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @sirgoldi 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.