Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Does doing a back up prior to a factory reset preserve any important business WhatsApp conversations I have ongoing?

I genuinely don't know, just asking...

No , I have lost everything on WhatsApp , I had quotes for work which I haven't yet put on paper

@Natasha

The most immediately useful information to share at this point is:

(i) Is a patch due out this weekend  (v.11.05?); and

(ii) Will this patch obviate the need to perform a factory reset?

Once we have the answer to these questions we can make informed choices about next steps.

Thank you!

@Natasha I posted a messge via FB messenger to the official Vodafone account just before 1pm as per your previous post but other than an automated "please confirm your details" I've had no reply.  

I have also raised a formal complaint (ref 9093205) requesting a replacement handset be delivered as my phone has no option to update beyond MIUI 11.0.1 so can't even access the latest patch (whether it works or not).

Really unhappy with this service.  A week of no phone and no positive action.

Even though when you check for updates there is nothing visible you can select the top right dots and download latest patch.

I did that and it didn work initially until I went to SIM and mob networks> Acces Point Names> bad Bit reset down the bottom. After a few Secs. Vodafone settings messages came through. And stoped the Xiaomi SIM set up searching for the SIM. Been working for 6 hours now. Fingers crossed. 

Re WhatsApp conversations

These can all be backed up via settings on the app itself I backed up mine last night and successfully retrieved this morning maybe worth checking the back up options on there and make it a concurring daily back up ...

I've unfortunately had to do the factory reset and my phone is now restoring. It appears to be working as I now have signal. I would have felt better if the patch had been a our Xiaomi patch but it appears to be a repaired version of Sundays update?

• Bit the bullet and done full factory reset and restored my APN settings far from happy that it came to that fortunately all was backed up now got a functional phone of sorts would like to give big thumb's up to all on the forums for advice and help through this shambles if you ever in Glasgow I'd buy you all a pint ..........will still be contacting Vodafone for downtime lost .

Hi guys, got my replacement handset and stared it up. It started on miui 10 so was nervous to update after finally getting service. Updated to miui 11.0.6 qfamixm and incredibly have no issues now new phone is working. If you have problems I'd recommend what I did and email CEO and the level of service is completely different from the standard customer service. Thanks everyone for all help suggestions 

Not getting the update coming through when check for updates and download latest package continuously saying Can't download update, Wait a minute or two and try again.

Any ideas of how I can get the update to come through?