main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Mini 7 Storage Space

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Since the latest sotware update, I have factory reset my Smart Mini 7, and I cannot install any apps due to lack of internal storage space (2.24 used of 2.46 GB), not only this but I cannot even update the default stock apps, (such as File Manager, Gmail, Maps etc) with it simply informing me that there is " Insufficient storage   This device doesn't have enough space to download Gmail. Consider deleting apps or content that you no longer need and try again"

Obviously having been factory reset there are no possible apps or content for me to delete, and inserting an sd card doesnt help as there is no option with any of the default stock apps to move them to sd card storage..

This seems to make the Smart mini 7 completely disfunctional, especially as before the software update I was at least able to update the default stock apps, and even install 3 or 4 apps before running out of storage space "whatsapp, booking.com etc"

Am I missing something or is there a fix for this issue? Much obliged for any help/info on the matter!

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The phone you own has 4gb of internal storage with some of that also being taken up by the Android Os so your not even getting the full 4gb of storage.

Also some of that will be taken up by future os updates. 

As the phone does not have the feature to move apps to the sd card a person is left with constantly micro managing the available storage by....

Deleting.....

emails. 

Texts

Calendar entries. 

Videos.

Ringtones 

Notes

Reminders 

Etc.

or moving what you can to a sd card ....

As the internal storage cannot be increased there isn't a fix. 

I always suggest to purchase a phone with a minimum of 16gb but even that can be used up quite quickly. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

The thing is, I ws able to at least update the default apps after a factory rest 2 weeks ago.. plus I was able to install whatsapp,booking.com and a comic book viewer.. but since yesterday's factory reset, I cannot even update the stock default apps...surely this indicates a problem beyond the simple 4gb storage issue?

View more options
Highlighted

As far as I can see Going from your storage stats you have 22mb of internal storage left which is the issue. 

There isn't enough for things to update or work stable. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Funnily enough, and I'm not trying to be rude, but I already know what the issue is.. that is why I posted on here..

As I have stated though this issue wasn't the case a mere 2 weeks ago.. I only posted to see if anyone else had a similar experience recently and/or a fix.. I don't need an explanation of the current problem..

Thank you for your time though..

View more options
Highlighted

I have an old Samsung S2 that I turn on occasionally just to check the battery.   Although it has 16gb of storage, it's configured so that only 2gb is available for apps.  When it was new, this was fine, but, as apps have added functionality, they've got bigger and most of them can no longer be updated.   I don't regard 4gb as adequate for practical purposes any more, and I'm not sure that adding an sd card and putting as much as possible onto it would solve the current issue.  You asked about solutions, and I'm saying that there probably isn't one, sadly, short of getting something with more oomph.

View more options
Highlighted

Just managed to fix the issue having reflashed with an old ROM.. I now have over 1.2 gb free space

This leads me to believe that the software update was in fact the issue (at least partly)..and vodafone are guilty of making their own devices dysfunctional with bloatware..

I hope this helps anyone else who runs in to this issue..

View more options
Highlighted

One person's bloatware is, of course, another's handy functionality.   That said, the additional apps don't take up that much space and would presumably have been there before.  Some OS upgrades are larger than others as new featrues are added, but they're normally tailored to the device in question, which is why a 4gb device can run an OS that takes up that and more on one with more capacity.   I'm surprised that an update has been released which takes up so much of the available space - one of the reasons that older devices don't get updates is that they don't have the resources to run them.   All that said, this is a basic, entry-level device and will never have the capacity to run more than a few apps, so you need to be selective about what you install - or upgrade to something with more storage.

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Can you post details on how you flashed an old rom?  And where you got iy from.  I have exactly the same problem.  Done the factory reset, tried sd as internal, etc..  I'm at 2.2G out of 2.46G and cannot update stock apps never mind install anything and it used to have space to install apps.  The phone is under a year old and useless.

View more options