Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing 'Extra Volume' button during in call on Note 8

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established

As the title states, I seem to be missing the 'Extra Volume' button that I used to have on my S8, is this firmware specific do you know? My S8 like my Note 8 was purchased directly from Vodafone.

This is what it should look like https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ky7Mcz68V5o/maxresdefault.jpg however when I make a call it briefly appears and then disappears and it's replaced with 'Call+'

I'm not sure if the 'Call+' is the cause, I do have Advanced Calling & Messaging disabled, as never found it to be useful, would this need to be completely removed?

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Ive not seen that on my s8 and yes firmware changes can add and remove features and can be phone model dependant. 

My s8 was purchased directly from Samsung however so it has Samsung's version of firmware on it and not Vodafones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

When you make a call next have a look for the option, it may be hidden in the 3 dots menu, it does make a big difference in my opinion so I was hoping that I could get it back without flashing the BTU firmware.

BandOfBrothers

Well every days a school day @jonspittle

Its there and ive never noticed it on my Samsung Galaxy s8 !IMG_20180104_164643.jpg

And yes it certainly does make a difference. 

Current Phone  >

Well, we do learn new things every day, glad you've found it useful as I really thought it made a big difference.

Now I've just got to keep investigating how to get it back without flashing my firmware.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @jonspittle

On my way home so popped into the Vodafone shop and their phones are dummy models so can't check ! :Sad_face:

So popped into the Samsung Experience Store and their Note 8 models which are on rhe Btu CsC code don't appear to show this feature when accessing the phone app or by looking at its settings i.e. via the 3 little dots. 

Before you put a Custom Rom on it id suggest to speak with Samsung via their Online Chat or ring them to enquire. 

Current Phone  >

Some ideas in here on how to boost volume. 

Volume-boost-note-8.

Current Phone  >

Ive just had a look at the phone user manual from Samsung and see

Screenshot_20180104-172344.png

Look at the while on a call options - so it should be there. 

I wonder if its not on the Samsung shops versions as they are not connected to make calls and have their retail btu version on them. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the info but I've already checked the more options button and I don't have that option. I think the call+ feature is interfering, just reading more into it now.

BandOfBrothers

No worries. 

Ive looked at my colleagues Note 8 at work who's on o2 and that feature is present so I agree it may be that Vodafone option causing it. 

Current Phone  >