Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing texts

TanyaLP
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since I got my new Nokia 5 a few weeks ago, I’ve realised that I’m not receiving a good number of texts in the Android messages app. I’ve downloaded Ghostly SMS and confirmed that there are a number that I’m receiving that aren’t showing up. One reason I’ve idenitfied is when my phone has no signal (quite often at home unfortunately!) messages are just never delivered.

Anyone had and solved a similar problem? I had an android phone previously on Vodafone but using the new sim that came with the phone.

Thanks

Tanya

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Its my belief that Vodafones server would try to keep delivering the texts until successful but there must be at some point a cut off period.

If using an alternative app does not help because of the poor signal then if this is not happening everywhere i.e. where you get signal then I can only but suggest to purchase a Sure Signal Device for £69 that creates a 3g signal in the home that works off Home Broadband.

Check your postcode in > Vpdafone uk-coverage-map and zoom out on the map to also check surrounding masts. 

As a process of elimination can you insert your sim card in another phone just to see if its the phone thats not brilliant at holding onto signal.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @TanyaLP

If you Google the issue you will see that this a known bug with the Andoird Message Application where the stock message application loses some messages both sending and receiving.  Ghostly SMS was a workaround to resolve these lost messages.

If there are issues with the Application uninstal and just use the standard network SMS service, you should then receive SMS from the Vodafone message centre.

With Vodafone not selling the Nokia 5 and with the phone probably being unbranded, please see the link below to set up your text messaging service.

Set up your phone for text messaging