Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile phone loses wifi and have to turn off on device and use 4g

grc1968
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have vodafones wifi, I constantly have to turn the WiFi off on my mobile because it stops being able to download any information or update pages on social networking, I have to turn WiFi off on my phone use 4g then turn WiFi back on and it works again if only for a few minutes then have to do it all again have spoken to tech support, the word useless comes to mind, any ideas, before I kick the router through a window, just need to add that it doesn't happen on any other WiFi in houses visited and work, just my own home!!! 

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

Do you have another device you can try with the wifi?   Also, does the problem occur all over the house or only when you're further away from the router?  If it's the latter, you might find that soething is blocking the signal and that repositioning the router will help.

Thanks for replying. 

I can be sat in the same room as the router and it will drop off all other phones, tablet and laptops don't have this issue just mine, its quite frustrating at times as I can use my phone anywhere else and have no issues. 

hrym

I'm not an expert on broadband (and especially Vodafone broadband) and you've posted on the Android board.   It might be worth re-posting on the Broadband board for more relevant responses.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @grc1968, thanks for getting in touch. Just to confirm, it's just your phone that's having problems with the Wi-Fi dropping out?

What type of phone are you using at the moment? Have you tried forgetting the Wi-Fi network and re-adding it again? Pop back to me with these and I'll be happy to help you further.

It's a Sony L1.. OK thanks I'll give it a try, let you know? 

TJ

Did that help at all @grc1968? You can also try double checking your Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to always have Wi-Fi turned on:

1. Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi preferences > Advanced, then tap Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep .
  3. Select an option.

You can also try performing a factory data reset. This is sometimes the best solution if your device stops functioning properly, please note this will delete all personal content saved on the internal memory of your phone; so make sure to back up data that you want to keep.

hrym

A factory reset will mean that you'll have to set the phone up as from new and is very much a last resort.   I'd exhaust all other possibilities first.   Forgetting and re-establishing the network is an excellent suggestion, but I doubt a device issue if you can connect to ther networks.

If it's possible, are you able to go into the router settings and delete the phone from the list of connected devices?