Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE eSIM

The5tealth
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have justed brought a Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE smartwatch with eSIM. Vodafone is the only UK provider to activate the eSIM.

Has anyone had one of these watches,  as I am wonder how to setup and what tarrif to go for.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @The5tealth 

Going from what-is-an-esim 

"WHICH MOBILE NETWORKS WILL SUPPORT ESIM?

At the moment, EE and Vodafone support eSIM, though for Vodafone, it’s just the Apple Watch Series 3 or 4 Cellular that’s supported. However, in time, it’s expected that other carriers will start supporting eSIM, and on more handsets."

To add there is also Vodafone One Number that costs £7 per month. This allows an eligible watch to use a phones allowances.

OneNumber 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @The5tealth 

As far as your watch is concerned, I would have thought this would work with the network the same way as  connecting an Andoid Samsung watch and you would pair the watch to the phone using bluetooth.

You are going to need a plan that includes the watch or pay an access fee that will enable the watch to use the allowances of data minutes and texts on your primary price plan.

Please see this link:  What is Vodafone OneNumber? 

The problem you are going to find when speaking to Vodafone is as the network does not support the watch, the advise you receive will be minimal, all they would be able to do is to recommend a plan to include the watch.