Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto Z2 Force Oreo Update?

LUKE_JM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

I just received my new Moto Z2 Force and I'm loving it. I did notice however that after updating everything, it's still on Android 7.1.1 and it's last security updates are from last year.

I've seen the phone has recieved the Oreo update in other parts of the world. Does anyone know if the Vodafone devices will get this update any time soon? 

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @LUKE_JM

If the phone is branded i.e. supplied by Vodafone then they will want to test the Oreo Firmware before allowing its release to ensure it does not clash with its phone's and network services. 

Vodafone wont comment on firmware release timescales for the reasons explained in their Firmware Statement.

That said manufacturers wont also comment on the timeframes for unbranded handsets either. 

Its a case of checking the software update section of your phone periodically that or it'll tell you when its ready. 

I have only just received Oreo on my unbranded s8 bought directly from Samsung. 

With my s8 I can download the Security Patch separately away from firmware updates. 

It may / may not be the case for your model of phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Predator1980
1: Seeker

Oreo just landed yesterday 🙂