Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Motorola Z2 Force android 9 update issues

maccathesaint
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got the long awaited android 9 update for my Z2 and it is not going well. 

WiFi is more or less unusable now with terrible connection, constant drops and incredibly slow speeds. 

Apps are crashing a lot

My vibrate function is completely disabled. 

I've been on the Lenovo forums and at least the WiFi issues and apps crashing is a recurring theme with the 9 update. 

I have done everything I can think of, including a factory reset and nothing has helped. 

I could root my phone and just go down the custom ROM route but given how cagey Vodafone and Motorola get with warranties and rooted phones I'm not doing that. 

Some help would be appreciated as it's obviously a (known) software issue and I have no way to roll my phone back to 8

2 REPLIES 2

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@maccathesaint Oh no! Nobody wants to be experiencing these issues with their device and I know just how important it is to have a reliable phone that allows a good connection, with fully working apps. As you've mentioned this has happened since the android update, have you visited your nearest Vodafone store? We have our in store Tech Team that are available, who can help to get your phone back up and running. They can assist you with the following:

Free health check
- Full diagnostics
- Software management
- Protecting your device

If you book an appointment here, you can enjoy a 30-minute, one-to-one session with a friendly Tech expert in any Vodafone store for just £25. Don't froget no fix no fee – the team can usually resolve 90% of all software issues in-store, but if they can’t, you won’t be charged!

@Loz are you saying that to fix my less than two year old phone Vodafone want to charge me £25? 

I know what the problem is and it doesn't actually have a fix available so I don't know what the options will be. 

I'll walk over to the store later.