Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App not working

Shymonee
1: Seeker

Hi there

We purchased a new Samsung A6 phone in one of your shops at New Year. There was an issue with it registering the number/sim we were assigned and so a new number was assigned to get it registered. The My Vodafone App loaded once and then has never loaded again. It keeps saying there have been problems and to try again later

We have tried:

4G and WiFI

Clearing cache

Disabling App (won't allow uninstall as it came pre installed with the app.

Updated app to latest version

Went into Vodafone shop and they couldn't resolve either.

What else can be done?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You may need to use a new email address and new password to register the new Vodafone number for your myvodafone @Shymonee

May i ask is your online myvodafone working ?

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help you with this too.

The Vodafone High street stores are really in place to sell contracts , phones and accessories. 

If you still hit a brick wall then come back and update your thread and the Vodafone Social Media Teams here might be able then to help you. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Shymonee

At a guess you are on PAYG and have Vodafone Start please see here:  Vodafone Start

The best thing to do is to start at the beginning and delete all traces of the application from the phone and Play Store.

You will still have the My Vodafone Application separate on your phone applications and there is no reason for you being unable to uninstall the application from the phone and download a fresh copy from the Play Store.  

It might also be worth making sure you have the correct APN set on your network settings, this should be pp.vodafone.co.uk for PAYG. As you will need to use mobile data for the first application access, this will use a small amount of your data allowance or credit.

There is also further information including how to uninstall the application here:  Support - My Vodafone Application

If you still have issues you may have to do a factory reset of the phone, this will delete everything, so make sure you have synchronised your contacts to your gmail account and backed up any want to keep information, you will then be able to set the phone up from out of the box.

The forum team will get to the thread, hopefully it will be solved by then.