main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

My Vodafone App

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Is there an issue with the My Vodafone App?

All I'm getting is the red screen with a small white part of the logo, this has been going on for a few days the screen is just frozen on the red screen.

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, turned the handset off, restarted it numerous times and still the app freezes to this screenScreenshot_20180515-213036.png.

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Can you try going into your phones settings and apps and find the myvodafone app. 

In it then clear the apps cache and data. 

Close the app down that's running in the background. 

Then soft reboot the phone by turning it off and on. 

Then try re launching the app. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Trev7166

If you are using WiFi to access the application, try using mobile internet.  This will help the application find your account. If your online account is working correctly, the application should follow.

When you download a fresh application, you also need to delete from your applications on the Play Store, otherwise you will only be downloading a copy.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, thanks for replying, yeah I have tried that and same result just the red screen the app just won't load, deleted it from the play store and re-installed, same result ,It had been working fine up until a few days ago.

My device is an HTC U11 if it makes a difference!

Trev

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Trev7166 I'm sorry to hear you're facing troubles with the App.

I appreciate you've deleted it already from the Play Store, I know sometimes it helps if you delete it from your settings also. 

Try following this:

1. Go to Settings → Applications → Manage Applications.
  2. Locate your app in the list and tap it.
  3. Tap Uninstall and confirm the uninstall.

If you're still having problems with this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
Highlighted

I am having exactly the same issue, did you get any joy with sorting the problem?

Thanks

Ian

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

@IKCR - Please go through the tests, posted above by @BandOfBrothers @AnnS and @Adam.

If you’ve already done this and the My Vodafone app still isn’t working, then we can take a look from our side.

Please follow the steps in this private message with how to send us your details.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. Also using a HTC U11

View more options
Highlighted

HI, 

i had just about given up on the app working again, I the removed/ deleted / uninstalled the app altogether from the play store everywhere I could find it on my phone even the app library,  I installed it again still no joy!! I have just been on holiday and while I was away I downloaded the app again and it worked, the only thing now since I got home is every time I open the app it still thinks I'm in one of the roaming countries 

View more options
Highlighted

@Khills97 @Trev7166 I'm sorry to hear you're both having problems with the My Vodafone app. Have you been able to try the steps advised by @BandOfBrothers @AnnS and @Adam?

If you have and are still experiencing this issue, please follow the steps in the private message I've sent you, with details on how to get in touch with us. We'll be happy to take a closer look 😊

View more options