Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone account/app

adam1968uk
4: Newbie

Hi all, I've had a terrible time being able to access my account online, user names being changed by customer services, everything you can imagine, nothing worked, til yesterday. I have a username, password that work. I can access my account. Brilliant. Except not really. Went into it to remove adult content bar, apply data cap, block charging to my bill. All ok, gave me the 'you'll receive text or email confirmation' bit. No text or email, nothings changed. Also, I can't access my account via the app, I get to the pin entering stage, then it's 'we are experiencing technical difficulties, try later' but it's all the time. I have secure net on my account, according to 'my account', download the app, it checks, apparently I don't have it. Please if there is anyone on this forum that can help, please reply to this post.

Thanks

Adam Elder

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @adam1968uk

The frist thing to try is resetting the application from the My Vodafone settings and clearing the application cache on the application phone settings.  If this does not work, the application will probably be with one of the previous accounts and this will mean clearing all traces of the application on the phone and downloading a fresh copy.

As far as bars are concerned, live chat or customer services should be able to confirm the bars are in place, they should also be able to help with your application issues.  If you find you are going round in circles and still have the same problems, please come back to the forum.

Thanks for the reply.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted data,cache. But it won't go further than the pin to log in. I phoned customer service to remove\apply bars. Checked on my account via the browser, and they are still as they were before my chat with them. When trying to do the content bar, it asked for verification, did that, it was accepted, but can't actually do it. 

I am at my wit's end with it all. It's taken over a month to get this far, to be able to access my account, god only knows how long it will be before I can actually do anything with my account.

Adam Elder

BandOfBrothers

If your using an android phone then deleting the app just removes it from the phone but leaves it in your my apps in your play store @adam1968uk

So if maybe beneficial to go into play store in your phone and go into my apps and delete it from there too and then re download a fresh copy. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@adam1968uk We'd love to take a look into this further for you :Smiling:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.
Once you follow the steps provided, we'll be able to take a look into you My Vodafone app, as well as the issues you're having with managing bars on your account.