Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My first Vodafone - block apps download

Cioccolatina
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a "My first Vodafone smartphone" and want to prevent my child to download apps - so basically he cannot access Playstore and also want to restrict access to apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc

How do I do it please?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Cioccolatina

I would ask if you want to do this then is your child ready for a smartphone.

Maybe a feature phone / basic phone might be more practical. Just a thought. 

As a parent and grandfather I fully understand what delights and also the concerns access to the web and apps like Facebook can bring. 

I found sitting down my children and openly explaining what can happen helped. 

Some phones have parental restrictions on them and certain features can be disabled and some app stores can be deleted off phones - but children / teenagers come to learn how to circumvent such attached / forced restrictions. Apps can be downloaded to add extra restrictions. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @Cioccolatina if you go to the play store app and go to settings then scroll down there is a parental control setting which will allow you to restrict what can be downloaded/used

BandOfBrothers

Yes that's very true @63johnw in regards to the PlayStore but does not stop Apps being downloaded via apk files aka sideloaded. 

The phones own preventive measure for unknown sources is unfortunately easily disabled. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.