Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My phone can't send texts, keep saying they have failed, have full signal

mshee93
2: Seeker

My phone normally can send texts fine but for the last 2 hours it keeps saying the texts have failed

I have turned my phone on and off, I have full signal and have tried sending texts to lots of my contacts and not succeeded

37 REPLIES 37

see my reply futher up, I managed to fix it, very simply,.

@mistergoof wrote:

see my reply futher up, I managed to fix it, very simply,.

Yay! Tried it again, this time I did:

Attempt to register manually on O2

Wait for error triangle notification

Set to Automatic Selection

Sorted :Smiling:

(Previously I picked EE then tried setting Vodafone manually, didn't work, makes no sense really!)

Amymcatear
That has worked for me mistergoof thank you very much 😄

jyheo2001

It just happen today. Funny thing is I can receive a tex but I can't  send any text...

Try to contact Vodafone Live Chat but not working, seems nobody behind there just with a fake smiley face ...

I hope some-else have solved the same issues before...

aeg123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Have had the same problem...found the troubleshooting thing useless as having worked through it I was told to contact vodafone which seems pretty impossible!!......I then discovered in settings that data roaming had turned itself off.....turned it on again and all seems to be working again☺x

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jenny

My Note 4 started doing this yesterday.  It all started happening after my phone downloaded and installed the new Samsung Update - is it coincidence, or did others have this update.??

I reset it by the same methods mentioned, and it was then okay - seems the Voda 'data' and 'message' info text didnt work.!!

However, since this update yesterday, my Note 4 has been consuming battery like nobodies business.  And generally not been working very well.

I hope Samsung sort it out ASAP.

Sounds like the sorta hell most of us went through with the Note 3 in the early days :Sad_face:

The good news, from my experience, is that Samsung do get on top of these problems just not as quickly as the song-and-dance Apple fixes :Smiling: 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We're aware that there was an issue sending SMS and this has now been resolved.

Please let us know if you're still having difficulties.

DaveCD

Mine wouldnt send them again this evening, around 6.20pm

Samsung have told me to backup using Kies, restore phone to factory default, and then reinstall from Kies.

They felt something, be it the Samsung update, or the settings texts from Vodafone, has corrupted the phone.

I am mid restore currently, and I have a horrible feeling that Kies isnt going to restore it back to how it was.

In which case, [removed according to House Rules]