Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NETWORK SIGNAL CUTTING OFF

wildboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone

Is anyone having the same problem as me?

I received my new phone the sony xperia z2 last tuesday. When i switch the phone on in the morning I have a full signal, but within 2 hours the signal has got alot weaker only showing 1 to 2 bars when friends with sony phones are experiencing a full signal in the same room.

After two hours the network signal disapears completely and doesnt return unless I power off the phone and switch it back on. When it comes back on I have a full signal and texts and missed calls come straight through.

I only have to switch phone off once a day, and for some strange reason the phone has a signal for the rest of the day even though it does get weaker.

Thanks

Dave.

8 REPLIES 8

hrym
17: Community Champion

This could be any number of things, including network issues.  However, as you've had the device less than 14 days, I'd send it back and ask for a replacement.   If you hang on longer, then it becomes a repair job if you can't nail it to the network.   If it persists, you can be pretty sure it's not the device.

Ive returned my sony xperia z2 for a replacement and have received a new sim.

Ive activated the new sim and put it in the replacement sony xperia z2 and im having the same issues with this phone. I go to work the signal completely goes and then I wont get a signal for the rest of the day unless I switch off the phone and put it back on, which again gives me a full signal

I have a work coleague who is with vodafone and has upgraded to the sony xperia z3 three weeks ago, they have a full signal at work with no issues as do other coleagues on the same network. Ive never had any problems with making and receiving calls at work on all of my previous phones.

Ive now arranged to send this phone back for a replacement along with a new sim card. 

Is this a common problem with this particular phone?? Have I just been unlucky with having two faulty phones or two faulty sim cards?? or is there another reason for this issue??

If the new replacement that arrives on friday has the same issue then i'm going to have no other choice but to cancel my contract.

hrym

Have a look at the Network Status Checker and see if there are any issues in your area.

Yeah ive already checked to see if there is a problem with network in my area and its all fine. Vodafone have told me that where I live there is a really good 3g signal. They also checked the signal for my workplace and said that it is a very good 3g signal also.

I have been on google and found one other person to have the same problem as me. But there are a massive amount of people saying that they are having signal problems with this particular phone on the sony forum.

Ive lost patience a bit now with all of this. I haven't got alot of faith in the replacement working properly.

Ive atatched a thread of someone else with the same problem on a different forum.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wildboy 

There's three things that can be causing this:

• The phone
  • The SIM
  • The network

As you've had a replacement phone, we can rule this out. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue with the SIM replacement.

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

DaveCD

Ive received my third upgrade of the sony z2 along with another new sim card.  First day using it and im still having the same issue. Ive already had to switch it off twice today to reboot to get a signal.

I went to work and had a 3 bar signal to start with but not long after the signal disapeared completely even though when sitting having a break in my work canteen the person next to me had a full signal on their phone. And others who were also with vodafone had no problems with their phone signal.

A couple hours passed and I still didn't have a signal so I switched phone off and back on and the signal went to full. I took a screen shot of phone showing having no signal which is on the attatched file named no signal. After switching phone off and back on i took another screen shot to show that i then had a full signal. Attatched file name is called signal.

Ive checked the network coverage and network status for my area and its fine.

---------------------------------------------TEMPL​ATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'First half of post code - LD1 LLANDRINDOD WELLS

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

YES, AT MY WORK PLACE, DONT REGAIN SERVICE

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

LD1 5BB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

NO

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

NO BARS AND AN X SHOWING NO COVERAGE

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

ALL

6) When did you first notice this issue?

WHEN I FIRST RECEIVED PHONE

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

EVERY MORNING WHEN I GO TO WORK, SIGNAL INTERMITTENT AT HOME

trevwealthall
4: Newbie

After years with Vodafone wi-fi which has always been good signal and now mine has started to lose signal also ...what with this and slow broadband speed when supposed to have fast and a Apple Watch series 4 which won’t add data I’ve had enough of Vodafone, it’s like they are going down hill fast 

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry to hear about all your issues @trevwealthall

Have you checked your signal on our coverage checker to see the current status? 

You can check here: https://vodafone.uk/2FMWExO

Blair