main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

NUC code does not work

ejwarwick
2: Seeker

I have received an NUC from Vodafone for my Sony Xperia Z3. When I swap to the new network SIM and enter the code the message "Network unlock unsuccessful" comes up. I've double checked a) that I'm typing the code correctly b) that the IMEI code is right and c) the instructions for the Xperia Z3 unlock process I am following. There are no problems with any of a) to c). Any ideas?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Frankly it should work if an activated working alternative sim card is being used @ejwarwick although recently there seems to have been an elevated amount if posts on the board concerning Nuc Unlocking Codes not working. 

Your next step would be to use 191 or Live Chat. 

Ask them to escalate this. 

They may offer you the email address for the Unlocking Department but if you do email them prepare yourself for an automated templated response. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Alex
Administrator

@ejwarwick I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

We'll then able to contact our NUC team on your behalf to check on everything for you 🙂

View more options
ejwarwick

Thank you - I've filled in the form and look forward to your response.

View more options
ejwarwick

Thanks - Vodafone have got in contact with a private message. Fingers crossed.

View more options
ejwarwick

Four days on and I've received no correspondence from Vodafone about the failure of the NUC code to work. I've filled in another response form to the private message (giving the reference, user name and link to the thread - all as requested and all as provided first time round). Hopefully I'll get a response this time. 

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Apologies for the delay in the team getting back to you @ejwarwick. If they've not been in contact yet, we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

When you completed the form we'll have sent you a reference number, it'll look something like this [#1234567]. Please provide us with this and we'll be happy to track your query 😊

View more options