Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nac for Vodafone smart turbo 7

Mrperty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I'm a Vodafone Ireland customer. I bought phone new online but appears to be locked to vodafone uk. Is there anyway of getting phone unlocked. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

In order to unlock a phone away from Vodafone U.K. The phone needs to have been used by making calls etc for 30 days on Vodafone U.K.  Payg or 3 bills paid on time when on Vodafone U.K. Pay Monthly @Mrperty

How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-Uk-customer.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok so looks like I won't be able to NP pin to unlock as I'm a Vodafone Ireland customer. Seems unfortunate as I'm on Vodafone Ireland network and it's a Vodafone branded phone. Any other options. Tks

BandOfBrothers

Both share the Vodafone brand but unfortunately can't unlock each other's phones. 

Your options as I see it are....

Return the phone for a refund if Returns are permitted. 

Send it to someone you know in the uk and they unlock it and send it back to you. 

Sell it and use the funds to buy one that works.

Ask a standalone cellphone shop if they can unlock it.  (This would be the last resort as issues can occasionally arise from this option such as the unlock not holding or antenna issues )

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

@Mrperty wrote:

Ok thanks for you're response

You're very Welcome @Mrperty

Hope all goes well with your eventual choice. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Mrperty

This is confusing.  Did you purchased from the Vodafone UK site or a third party site? If you purchased from Vodafone Ireland, the phone would be locked to Vodafone Ireland and not Vodafone UK.

If you purchased the phone through the Vodafone UK PAYG shop, you would have need to pay in GB £.  With you being a Vodafone Ireland customer, you would have needed purchase the phone from Vodafone Ireland and pay in Euros.

Unless you are planning to be in the UK to use the SIM for 30 days to use on the local network, it would be an idea to return the phone to the point of purchase, get your money refunded and purchase from Vodafone Ireland direct.