Solution

Netflix problem every 4min

tman101
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ising latest Android netflix client from play store 
got stable connection 4g etc

been using it for 1 year no problems but starting issues on 24th June 2017
perfect picture but after approx 4 min it always stops video and circle red ring spinning in middle and does not go. I have to back out and continue to watch.  happens all time now on all videos only when on 4G. 

I have 4gb free on device storage

32 REPLIES 32

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sounds like they don't know then!   Next question: does this happen everywhere? - it would be useful to eliminate the possibility of it being a local cell issue.

happens every where

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tman101 and @paulkerdot – Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve emailed a contact about this today, to see if they’re aware of any issues.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we get a response.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tman101 and @paulkerdot - I’ve received a response this morning and they’ve confirmed there are currently no general issues with Netflix on our network.

So we can look into this further and get this resolved, I’ve sent you both a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Hi, did this issue get resolved?  I've had exactly the same issue for the last few weeks except my playback stops every 2 minutes and 40 seconds and hangs with the red spinning circle.  Only happends on data, not wifi or downloaded content.

Have spoken with Netflix who have tracked my viewing and can't see a problem their end.  They suggested I contact Vodafone and ask them to flush DNS settings (no idea what that means).

Any help would be appreciated.

no I never did get this resolved:(

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cverri So we can help with this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

@tman101Please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response (similar to [#12345678], and we'll be happy to check on the progress of this for you.

I already called Vodafone aupoort and logged a case and Jenny thebithers moderator on the Vodafone social team called me directly and spoke to Vodafone technical support who said that they will not pursue to help me resolve this issue i have as it only affects the Netflix application!

I asked for a deeper network packet inspection to see why my device on 4g connection seems to have issue after 4 min and see if it's Netflix side  Vodafone side or my client side. however Vodafone said they cannot so such network tracing ! I find this hard to believe 

any how i have no Netflix and very annoyed as this is only reason why I got the 25gb red package and Netflix is my daily requirement.

I am now looking at Three Mobile as streaming on their network for app like Netflix does not come out users monthly allowance!

Hi,

I am also experiencing this same issue.  Tried different devices, tried different networks with the same phone and app version and the only common theme is Vodafone 4G. Can you please help. I have had the same issue on the S7, S8+ and Tab S2 on Vodafone 4G. Wifi is fine and 4G is fine with other providers just not my provider.

Have there been any updates on this?

i am glad my own issues is not an isolated problem to just me and that other people are coming forward.

i been in contact with voda already they keep stating it's a Netflix app issue as all other apps are fine and all lines of investigations ends there! don't hold your breath from my experience  you will not likely get any for her help.