main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

Netflix problem every 4min

1: Seeker

Hi,

I am also experiencing this same issue.  Tried different devices, tried different networks with the same phone and app version and the only common theme is Vodafone 4G. Can you please help. I have had the same issue on the S7, S8+ and Tab S2 on Vodafone 4G. Wifi is fine and 4G is fine with other providers just not my provider.

Have there been any updates on this?

View more options
3: Seeker

i am glad my own issues is not an isolated problem to just me and that other people are coming forward.

i been in contact with voda already they keep stating it's a Netflix app issue as all other apps are fine and all lines of investigations ends there! don't hold your breath from my experience  you will not likely get any for her help. 

View more options

@Lindonl @pmitche1 Please uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app to see if this improves things for you.

If you continue to have issues, please speak with Netflix directly to complete any necessary troubleshooting steps with them.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks Natasha for your interest but I have of course tried this. And Netflix says it's a Vodafone issue - and to ask Voda. 

Neither company wants to sort the problem or talk to each other? Would it not make sense to try yourself watching Netflix on your phone and see if there's a problem and then let us all know if you also experience the hanging at 2 minutes 40 seconds problem? Then you could ralk to Voda as an insider and see if they help you resolve it? 

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

I'm resurrecting this as it's the only info I found regarding this problem on the internet!! I have a similar problem, for me Netflix speed is throttled on 4g Vodafone to 1.1mb/s. Every other site loads or streams at a constant 20mb/s. I have observed the same results in a 4g router and when sim used in iPhone. Speedtest.net always 20mb/s but fast.com (Netflix speed tester) 1.1mb/s regardless of device or browser. This would strongly indicate that Vodafone are throttling Netflix speed. I'm just amazed this problem isn't more widely reported?! At this throttled speed, it's impossible to stream Netflix in HD when on 4g Vodafone. BTW, three 4g works flawlessly in phone and 4g router for Netflix. I've been through technical help with Vodafone who referred me to Netflix and Netflix who referred me to Vodafone. I will be canceling and sticking with three (only swayed to Vodafone for included YouTube!). Just wanted to post this for others to also check and be informed. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

I watch Netflix a lot on my phone and on a fast commuter train from London to Essex. I never encounter any throttling problems and I don't believe that such a policy exists. Indeed Vodafone is now selling a 'Pass' that gives unlimited access to Netflix. Hardly the action of a network that tries to restrict access to the streaming service.

Whatever your issue is, it's either signal or account related. Good luck in solving the problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

I purchased the pass which works fine with sites such as YouTube. My problem is that Vodafone insist it is a fault with Netflix so will not help me. Using my three sim, speed is unrestricted so I presume fault is with Vodafone. It's a shame because I would like to use the service. Anyone else have significantly slower speeds testing fast.com?

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

Also want to add I have a full 4g signal. Other sites fine so don't think the sim is faulty. Maybe people on the video pass are being restricted?

View more options
17: Community Champion

Very weird and very unhelpful of them. I've just tested it again on my phone. I'm at home and with a full 3G signal on a Sure Signal (connected to BT Infinity for those people who don;t believe that a SS works with BT) and getting a download speed of 11.55 mps. Netflix works perfectly - no lag and programmes load very quickly and play without any lag or buffering.

Could you try your sim in a different phone and see if the same thing happens, or someone else's sim in yours? 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

Tried the sim in my router and two phones, exactly the same results. Three sim in these devices works perfectly. The only thing not tried yet is trying the sim in a different area, which I'll try later. Could be the local mast but unlikely as other sites fine 

View more options

@Mlaw Please let us know how you get on 🙂 

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

No joy I'm afraid. Tried in different phones and locations, same result. Would be grateful if someone could also compare their speeds on Speedtest.net vs fast.com (Netflix test).  I get 20-25mbps on speedtest and 1-2 mbps on fast.com/Netflix. Impossible to stream Netflix in HD (

View more options
Anonymous
N/A

Cancelled and sticking with three 4g sim.  Youtube not included, but Netflix works perfect.  Might try vodafone again in the future, unfortunately not enough time to waste on this!

View more options