Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Samsung S6

mineshpandya
2: Seeker

Since August 2016 I have been trying to get Vodafone to help me netowrk unlock my Samsung S6 Edge.

Todate I have a unlock code that doesnt work.

I have inserted a alternate SIM, and entered the code.

Entered 00000000 and then the NUC with no luck.

Entered the PUK and the NUC with no luck

I have factory reset the phone and untered the NUC

Iv entered #7465625*638*# and then the NUC - no joy.

Iv spoken to Samsung who say its a Vodafone issue.

Iv tried to speak to the NUC resolutions team - but they dont have phones - strange for a phone company.

Iv filled out the NUC Team online form about a million times.

Emailed the NUC team, in response - and they just send the same email back to me with the same NUC code.

Iv called 191 and spoken to the support people and they say they cant help.

Iv tried the NUC without a SIM inserted.

The phone works with a Vodafone SIM, but any others fail. They prompt: Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM inserted.

Rebooting the phone with an alternate SIM inside prompts me: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". And yes i have got a PUK code that usually indiactes a locked SIM card and that doesnt work and respomnds with "Network unlock request unsuccessful."

Iv tried the NUC code at this prompt and that doesnt work.

The phone is on the latest OS, and has been my phone for 2 years, purchased from Vodafone on small business contract for two years.

Is anyone albe to help me?

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mineshpandya

I'm not at all surprised that your unimpressed at those sequence of events. 

The Nuc Teams are not customer facing so only deal with Customer service. 

Probably not the issue but are you trying a main network sim card that's fully activated to complete the unlock and not a mvno network. 

The Vodafone Customer Services Team here on the forum read all posts so I'm sure they'll engage with you once they've read your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mineshpandya I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had when requesting your Network Unlock Code.

So that we can help resolve this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. Please follow the steps provided and a member of the team will be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Hi Natasha,

I got your private message at the bottom of my response.

Where you have said 'click here' the text is not hyperlinked so doesnt go anywhere.

Nevertheless im fedup with Vodafone and the support process - seems like an endless supply of online forms asking for information. whoever is in the VOdafone web-forms team is making a killing! no redundancies there! 

To fix my phone:

I decided to use [Removed] and paid for my phone to be unlocked - before anyone says it im not affiliated to them whatsoever.

I went via GiffGaff's website to get some discount, £15.99 and its working within 24 hours. Vodafone couldnt do it in 9 months - go figure.

The issue was the phone needed the unfreeze code - something i mentioned to vodafone about 50 times but they told me it doesnt exist, surprised?

[Removed] sent over the same NUC code as Voda and the unfreeze code that Voda had no clue about - once i entered that and then the NUC everything was fine.

Im updating this post incase anyone else has this issue and wants to get rid of Vodafone.

By the way now im on Plusnet and finally have full reception in my house and my 4G is 3 times faster! woop woop!

In a fair world Vodafone should refund me the £15.99 - Do you have a form for that???

As your query is account specific we’re unable to help you on the forum.   To contact our team directly:   Click here   and enter your information. Make sure you click the link to send us your details as we’re unable to respond to private messages. Enter the code [Removed] in the box. If any additional characters or spaces are entered the rest of the form won’t appear Include your forum username and a link to your post within the main text box Make sure you include any other info needed to help with your query,

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see Community Guidelines]

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mineshpandya If you'd like to speak with us about discussing a refund, please drop us a message on Live Chat

Hiya

I've got the same problem. Received a code but it doesn't work. Now i need asim lock puk code, tried calling customer services but they didn't help. Anyone can help me here please??

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Although this may not apply to your situation but is worth taking note.

there is a statement that says you must have 3 paid bills. on time

And you can only apply for 3 in a 90 day period 

The last one left me a bit puzzled.

I'm not sure if its 3 different codes for three different devices or 3 attempts at applying for it.

But I applied for mine as soon as my 3 month period past and got it in a couple of days and unlocked it straight away.

As I think if you apply after your contract ends.

From what I have read

it seems more difficult once your off the network.

It probably needs a more thorough search for the code

Rajlollina

Hi all,

I have just renewed my contract and bought an S8. Great.

Now I am trying to use my old device (S6) with another SIM network. However my phone is locked.

I have been in contact with the customer service who advised me to fill online form..

Online form duly filled.

Couple of days later I received an email with NUC code.

Everytime i enter the SIM card, i see message on the screen to enter SIM unlock PUK.

PUK code entered.

Operation unsucessful x times.

I contact the advisor (online chat).

He asked me to put the remove the SIM card then off and on the device then enter the NUC code.

The problem is when the device it doesn't aske me for the NUC code.

After 45 minutes de told me I need to send an email to nucresolutions@help.vodafone.co.uk.

Done then got a reply that it will take 2 -10 working days to get the NUC Code to unlock my phone!

I have the impression I will be undergoing the same nightmare as my other friends.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Raj

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rajlollina - I’m sorry to hear how long it's taking to get this resolved.

If the phone is asking for a SIM PUK, this is separate to the network unlock code (NUC) and is related to the SIM card.

If it’s asking for the PUK when the Vodafone SIM is in the phone, Live Chat can get this for you straight away.

Although if it asks for the PUK when the other network SIM is in the phone, you’ll need to contact them to get this.

Once this is sorted, if the phone isn’t unlocked still, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

We can then help further. 

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

You are right this is a PUK issue..

I have raised this with the Vodafone adviser and yet he kept giving me the NUC Code procedure.

I did enter the other SIM PUK as well but the same SIM card unlock unsuccessful message displays on the screen.

When  I contact the other network adviser they told me to contact you as the handset is locked. Once the handset in unlock then I wll be able to use their SIM card.