Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Samsung S6

mineshpandya
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since August 2016 I have been trying to get Vodafone to help me netowrk unlock my Samsung S6 Edge.

Todate I have a unlock code that doesnt work.

I have inserted a alternate SIM, and entered the code.

Entered 00000000 and then the NUC with no luck.

Entered the PUK and the NUC with no luck

I have factory reset the phone and untered the NUC

Iv entered #7465625*638*# and then the NUC - no joy.

Iv spoken to Samsung who say its a Vodafone issue.

Iv tried to speak to the NUC resolutions team - but they dont have phones - strange for a phone company.

Iv filled out the NUC Team online form about a million times.

Emailed the NUC team, in response - and they just send the same email back to me with the same NUC code.

Iv called 191 and spoken to the support people and they say they cant help.

Iv tried the NUC without a SIM inserted.

The phone works with a Vodafone SIM, but any others fail. They prompt: Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM inserted.

Rebooting the phone with an alternate SIM inside prompts me: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". And yes i have got a PUK code that usually indiactes a locked SIM card and that doesnt work and respomnds with "Network unlock request unsuccessful."

Iv tried the NUC code at this prompt and that doesnt work.

The phone is on the latest OS, and has been my phone for 2 years, purchased from Vodafone on small business contract for two years.

Is anyone albe to help me?

23 REPLIES 23

I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem with Vodafone for the Samsung S6. It appears they know how to LOCK you into their nework, but clueless how to unlock you!!  I have tried to have this issue resolved for almost a month & spent 4 hrs today trying to resolve to no avail.  I purchased a PAYG sim with a different network entered the sim into the Vodafone Samsung S6 screen stated 'SIM network PIN BLOCKED. Enter SIM network PUK'. After  phoning the new provider and trying many PUK codes assigned to the card with the new network. I get the message on screen ' NETWORK UNLOCK request unsuccessful' .  I have been informed this is happening because Vodafone still have the phone locked to their network. I was given an NUC from Vodafone, but the handset does not prompt me to enter this, only prompts to enter PUK. Then was told by a Vodafone rep to phone Samsung to have he phone reset to factory settings...how stupid..so didn't do this..as it's nothing to do with the handset, it's to do with the network!! I then went back to Vodafone to request a master code as I read in Vodafones forum that this would work. Vodafone provided this to me, however, this does not work either as it is too long and contains symbols.  So, no further forward. I will go to an independent retailer to have the handset unlocked and then Vodafone will have to refund the cost for their incompetance!!  :Angry_Face:

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @cherry6966

The master code or PUK has to come from Vodafone, not the new network.  This is used with the Vodafone SIM you were using with the phone, you use the code first to unlock the phone from the original SIM, you then use your new SIM with the other provider with the NUC to complete the unlocking.

Thank you for your reply. I have also been provided with PUK codes by Vodafone which I also used, but with the new network providers sim (EE )  and they do not work. The screen still states 'Network unlock request unsuccessful'. Then returns to the screen stsating' SIM network PIN blocked. Enter network PUK'

I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem with Vodafone for the Samsung S6. It appears they know how to LOCK you into their network, but clueless how to unlock you!!  I have tried to have this issue resolved for almost a month & spent 4 hrs today trying to resolve to no avail.  I purchased a PAYG sim with a different network entered the sim into the Vodafone Samsung S6 screen stated 'SIM network PIN BLOCKED. Enter SIM network PUK'. After phoning the new provider and trying many PUK codes assigned to the card with the new network. I get the message on screen ' NETWORK UNLOCK request unsuccessful’.  I have been informed this is happening because Vodafone still have the phone locked to their network. I was given an NUC from Vodafone, but the handset does not prompt me to enter this, only prompts to enter PUK. Then was told by a Vodafone rep to phone Samsung to have he phone reset to factory settings...how stupid, so didn't do this as it's nothing to do with the handset, it's to do with the network!! I then went back to Vodafone to request a master code as I read in Vodafone’s forum that this would work. Vodafone provided this to me, however, this does not work either as it is too long and contains symbols.  So, no further forward. I will go to an independent retailer to have the handset unlocked and then Vodafone will have to refund the cost for their incompetence!! :Angry_Face::Thumbs_Down::Worried_Face:

I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem with Vodafone for the Samsung S6. It appears they know how to LOCK you into their network, but clueless how to unlock you!!  I have tried to have this issue resolved for almost a month & spent 4 hrs today trying to resolve to no avail.  I purchased a PAYG sim with a different network entered the sim into the Vodafone Samsung S6 screen stated 'SIM network PIN BLOCKED. Enter SIM network PUK given by Vodafone, as these didn't work I then phoned the new network provider and tried the many PUK codes they gave me..still not working. I get the message on screen ' NETWORK UNLOCK request unsuccessful’.  I have been informed this is happening because Vodafone still have the phone locked to their network. I was given an NUC from Vodafone, but the handset does not prompt me to enter this, only prompts to enter PUK. Then was told by a Vodafone rep to phone Samsung to have he phone reset to factory settings...how stupid, so didn't do this as it's nothing to do with the handset, it's to do with the network!! I then went back to Vodafone to request a master code as I read in Vodafone’s forum that this would work. Vodafone provided this to me, however, this does not work either as it is too long and contains symbols.  So, no further forward. I will go to an independent retailer to have the handset unlocked and then Vodafone will have to refund the cost for their incompetence!! :Angry_Face::Thumbs_Down::Worried_Face:

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@cherry6966 Sorry to hear you're having problems getting your phone unlocked, it sounds like this has been going on for a while and we'd love to help you get this resolved once and for all.

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. We'll then be able to forward your query along to our NUC resolutions team for further investigation. 

Hi,

This is just to inform you that I went to an independent phone shop and paid £20 he unlocked my mobile within 10 mins.

Than I brought the receipt to vodafone shop for full refund which will be credited in my next bill.

:Cry_Laughing:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated with this @Rajlollina.

Apologies for the experience that you had when requesting for your PUK code.

If you have any further queries in the future, please let us know.

I'm having exactly the same experience as these people. Drowning in PUKs, NUCs, VUKs, IMEIs, SNs but nothing seems to work. I've been sent to the nuk resolutions team but my email bounced back. Went to the Vodafone shop they said it's the locked SIM to contact new provider but new provider tella me sim isn't locked it's phone. Why are we all having the same experience? Please help. What magic code do I need?

Have the same problem, and Vodafone have said they can't help any more and it's not there problem, after paying for 2 year on a contract , they just disown you as they have got there money's worth, nearly 8 weeks onto Vodafone and still locked, everybody else is at fault apart from them, I now have a Samsung s6 I can't use with other sums