Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New software for S5

hismaimai7777
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just connected my S5 to the computer and an update has come up. PDA:0L3  CSC:0L3  PHONE:0L3 (VOD), its 1550MB in size. Anyone have any idea what it is?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cong ty rut ham cau quan 12 gia re uy tin 

https://ruthamcau.suu.vn/rut-ham-cau-quan-12-gia-re.html

công ty rút hầm cầu quận 12 chất lượng https://ruthamcau.suu.vn/rut-ham-cau-quan-12-gia-re.html

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @hismaimai7777

As its 1.5gb in size that tells me its probably a firmware jump. 

Possibly from Nougat to Oreo maybe and will no doubt include security updates. 

If this was my phone and the update had come up in the phones own software update section I would make back ups and ensure their is enough internal storage space in my phone, close all my open apps to free up Ram and resources, ensure the battery jab over 50% and update using my wifi connection. Turn off Mobile Data in the phones settings so there's no danger of using your data allowance. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don't think the S5 will get Oreo.. My S7 got Oreo but I'm pretty sure the S5 won't be getting it seeing as my friend who owns an S6 did not get it.

From the 1550MB thing it does seem like a firmware jump though. 

Maybe Vodafone pushed the software update by accident?

Edit: I think this may help you https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/New-software-for-S5/td-p/2466292

BandOfBrothers

What version is your phone on now ?

Lollipop , Marshmallow etc. 

Maybe it's a jump from one of them to Nougat ?

It's Samsung that pushes out the firmware once it's been vetted by Vodafone if it's a branded phone your using. i.e Vodafone supplied it. 

Either way it'll have security patch updates etc and shouldn't harm to update none the less. 

An unbranded phone gets updates directly from Samsung with no intervention by the network. 

Current Phone  >

Maybe it is a jump to Nougat.

Either way, I'm sure Samsung or Vodafone have pushed the update on accident. I don't think Samsung support the S5 anymore, and they're pushing a full 1.5GB firmware update.

BandOfBrothers

Usually a phone is fully supported for around 2 years and then can get incremental updates that includes bug fixes and security updates. 

If your phone is stable and your happy with what it's doing then it's a personal choice whether to update. 

Personally I would. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

The codes you entered in.your first post are Vodafone version of firmware on the phone and the CsC shows who sends the update. 

For example my Note 9 is BTU as I bought it directly from Samsung.

If you look in your phones software update section and it shows you can start the process and a pop up should show more about the update. 

A bit like...2018-10-27 07.02.08.jpg

Current Phone  >