Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New software

mancman
4: Newbie

Hi there I had a software update yesterday on galaxy note 4 and now my phone seems very slow and sometimes unresponsive when I'm pressing the buttons anyone else have this problem 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @mancman

This can happen if the update left old redundant files behind. 

Four options to try and resolve this are...

1. Shut the phone down and then from a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phone file system clear the cache. 

2. Back Up and Factory Reset. 

3. Ask a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to run a diagnostic. 

4. A Vodafone High street Store can send it away for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mancman

This can happen if the update left old redundant files behind. 

Four options to try and resolve this are...

1. Shut the phone down and then from a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phone file system clear the cache. 

2. Back Up and Factory Reset. 

3. Ask a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to run a diagnostic. 

4. A Vodafone High street Store can send it away for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone  >

I have done the latest software update on the S8 and now my phone will not charge unless it is totally flat. I have booked it into the Samsung store so they can run some tests on the handset.

BandOfBrothers

@Uno28

Did you by chance manage to try another Charging cable and brick. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

I haven't seen this for a while, but Samsung devices often used to need a factory reset after a firmware update.   Make sure you've backed up all your content first, and sync'd contacts & calendars.   It's also a good idea to remove the sd card if you have one as the process sometimes formats them.

Thanks band of brothers I managed to delete cache and touch wood it's seems a hell of a lot better thanks a lot your advice is very appriciated