main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

No 4G

SarahTurner415
1: Seeker

Can't use 4G after Samsung update. Didn't receive the usual configuration list text message, from Vodafone either? Can anyone offer a solution? Thank you ☺

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @SarahTurner415

You only mention 4G, you need to make sure 4G is enabled on your network settings.

After a software update reinstalling APN settings won't be necessary, the settings will still be on the phone and correctly preinstalled if the phone came direct from Vodafone enabling you will be able to continue using the internet. 

After any major update, especially where Samsung are concerned, it is sometimes recommended to do a factory reset of the phone, this will clear any bugs remaining from the previous software. 

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @SarahTurner415

The configuration settings can be sent for via sending a text to 40127 saying WEB

More here How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS.

May I ask a few questions. 

Are you able to connect to the Networks Data Service via 3G etc to be able to visit internet sites etc  ?

If so then your settings are fine. 

Sometimes a particular speed of connection isn't always available so your phone will auto connect to the best available at the time. 

Can you choose another network in the phones connections settings and then re choose Vodafone which will reset the connection to the network. That and or soft reboot it by turning the phone Off and then On. 

As a process of elimination can you insert your SIM card in another phone to help rule out the SIM card or phone at issue. 

Do you no longer recieve 4G wherever you go ?

These links will help. 

Check your masts via your Postcode Vodafone Network Checker.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Customer services can check your account settings at their end if necessary. 

There shouldn't be a need to Factory Reset but if that become a last resort then as this also deletes your own inputted info in the phone such as pictures and contacts etc, it's crucial a person creates Back Ups to safe guard that info so it can be re downloaded back into the phone before performing a Factory Reset. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options