Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No S20 Ultra 512GB?

N9ne_x
2: Seeker

I'm about to leave EE and switch to Vodafone, I'm looking to get the S20 Ultra, however how comes there is only the 128GB version available? I've seen the 512GB version offered on the Samsung website and EE also offer it.

Is there just a shortage of stock or is not actually available via Vodafone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This must have been a business decision by Vodafone @N9ne_x  to which they wouldn't comment on.

If they were going to supply it right now there would be an option to change from one storage capacity to another at ordering stage.

It's not been unknown for the network to offer other variants sometime after initial launch.

Vodafone-coming-soon. 

It even seems Carphone Warehouse that usually has a bigger option on phones is only supplying the smaller capacity.

Could be a multitude of reasons such as market trend where people don't want to pay the extra money for the larger storage capacity when a person can use a Sd card / online vaults to store some information.

You could go Sim only and buy the phone from Samsung.

They do offer trade ins on eligible phones and if a person pre orders now they can claim a pair of the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for free.

In the long run this can sometimes work out cheaper.

I appreciate this depends on available disposable income to buy the phone outright and go sim only with Vodafone UK.

I wouldn't buy one personally from places like amazon etc as these can sometimes be grey imports which means their CSC can lead to slow or even non existent firmware updates.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

This must have been a business decision by Vodafone @N9ne_x  to which they wouldn't comment on.

If they were going to supply it right now there would be an option to change from one storage capacity to another at ordering stage.

It's not been unknown for the network to offer other variants sometime after initial launch.

Vodafone-coming-soon. 

It even seems Carphone Warehouse that usually has a bigger option on phones is only supplying the smaller capacity.

Could be a multitude of reasons such as market trend where people don't want to pay the extra money for the larger storage capacity when a person can use a Sd card / online vaults to store some information.

You could go Sim only and buy the phone from Samsung.

They do offer trade ins on eligible phones and if a person pre orders now they can claim a pair of the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for free.

In the long run this can sometimes work out cheaper.

I appreciate this depends on available disposable income to buy the phone outright and go sim only with Vodafone UK.

I wouldn't buy one personally from places like amazon etc as these can sometimes be grey imports which means their CSC can lead to slow or even non existent firmware updates.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

They did originally have the 512Gb version at the pre-order launch, but it's not there now. I have a vague recollection of an Unlimited plan being in the range of £85 - £90 on a 24 month deal, but obviously can't confirm that now!

I suspect it has been removed due to forecast stock availability, rather than decision not to carry it.  It may re-appear after launch, when more stock becomes available

When I ordered on 14th February I was able to order a 512gb ultra in grey.

i assume that now their initial stock has been used, hence why the liner memory is only available

Dinerty

I'm eager to preorder the S20 Ultra 512gb to.  Vodafone said to me to keep checking the website for its stock. 

Really gutted I didn't preorder it within the first few days of it being shown on the website.