Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No WiFi calling option in phone settings on mate 20 pro

kirky2003
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As in the title really. I've tried to do all the settings that the website guides you through but in my phone settings there is no option for wi-fi calling.

I am on the latest OS Upgrade. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @kirky2003 

Are you on Android 9 as it should work.

Are are you on Android 10 which is still a new Android Os and may present problems.

Is it the web site guides from Vodafone wi-fi-calling  ?

i.e 

"Setting up WiFi Calling is easy if you’re eligible. 

Please ensure WiFi Calling is enabled in your My Vodafone app or in your My Vodafone account.

In My Vodafone

Go to Services and extras > Calling options > Switch WiFi Calling On     

In the My Vodafone App

Go to My Products and Services >Manage Bars and Extras > Calling Options > Switch WiFi Calling On

After that instructions may vary depending on your device. You can find detailed instructions by selecting your device below.

huawei/mate-20-pro-android-9-0/Turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off  "

The only other info I'm aware of is also  》

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. 

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling.

Text the word CALLING to 97888

This is a free text which will add the service to your account.

You should receive the following confirmation text:

Thanks.

We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.

If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact-us. 

Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings.

Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon.

Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option.

A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You probably need to ask tech support to send through an update to your SIM to enable it. I just had to do the same for my P30 Pro again. It came through as a silent update, and the menu option appeared whilst I was still on the phone to Vodafone.

It generally takes a few ttempts to find someone who knows what to do. Most don't.

Hello thanks for the replies. 

I've been on to Vodafone all morning no success. He even passed me onto one of the managers who still didn't know what to do. 

He just tried to say it might be to do with the google/Huawei issue but I corrected him that it only effects the newer handsets. 

I'll have to keep trying. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Keep calling, find someone that knows how to send the OTA update to force the SIM update. It took me two attempts today, previously it's taken quite a few more.