Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No e mail update since 25/7

triedeverything
4: Newbie

I discovered today that one of my 3 email accounts are not updating, the other 2 are fine. The one not working is a Sky a/c.

To try to fix it i deleted the a/c on my Samsung A3, then found that it would not let me add it again, it just says "Cannot safely connect to server "

What does that mean, and what what can i do to get it working again ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

just fixed my old S3 with same problem - deleted account and input settings manually - instead of just SSL as mentioned in the other thread change to SSL accept all certificates - Sky mail servers must have changed something in the authentication responses - now using certificates I guess as I have always just had SSL in the phone email setup

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

There is a similar thread here > http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Emails-not-working-since-25-7/td-p/2567970

If this was my phone then after checking everything I'd first clear the phones system cache and try again. Usually to clear the system cache a person turns off the phone and follows a series of button pressess that will lead you to the system files. 

If no joy then as a last resort create a back up and factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did read the thread that you mentioned, which is why i deleted the a/c.  I dont know how to delete the cache on this phone. i'm scared that if i do a factory reset i will loose all apps etc. Do you think Voda chat would be able to help ?

63johnw

Hi @triedeverything I have had this problem before. I had to delete the account and leave it for a day or so then I input the settings manually.

The settings I used were

Incoming IMAP server

imap.tools.sky.com

Port 993

Security SSL

Outgoing

smtp.tools.sky.com

Port 465

Security SSL

Hope this helps.

Thanks 63johnw , thats what i will try then, hope it works for me too.

@triedeverything wrote:

I did read the thread that you mentioned, which is why i deleted the a/c.  I dont know how to delete the cache on this phone. i'm scared that if i do a factory reset i will loose all apps etc. Do you think Voda chat would be able to help ?

You may find the process to clear the System Cache in > Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for taking the trouble to help both of you. I will see what happens.

just fixed my old S3 with same problem - deleted account and input settings manually - instead of just SSL as mentioned in the other thread change to SSL accept all certificates - Sky mail servers must have changed something in the authentication responses - now using certificates I guess as I have always just had SSL in the phone email setup

Thanks Deramzola, That has fixed it for me.  I dont know how to put your answer as " solved "