Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No option to move photos to SD card on Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

smithy123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recently inserted a Sandisk 32GB SDHC card in the phone and was recognised immediately.

However I just can't find a way to move or copy photos to the SD card.

The OS is Marshmallow (6.0.1)

Do I need to download a third party app to copy files to SD card?

Thanks in advance for any help.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @smithy123

No you shouldn’t need to download anything. 

I’ve not used your model of phone but from general experience there is usually a setting when you launch the camera to set the default as Sd card so your pictures go there automatically. 

To move pictures manually to the Sd Card sometimes it’s a case of long pressing on thdm to invoke a pop up or go into your Gallery and look for the settings there. You might be able to send multiple pictures or only single ones each time to the Sd card. 

Page 71 or 72 of the user manual may help > Vodafone_Smart_Ultra_6 User Manual.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

To have new photos stored on the card, update the settings in the camera app (some devices will prompt when the app detects a card).   To make sure the folder is created, take a photo.

Now open the file manager and find the picture folder in phone storage (the locations varies, but it may be Pictures, Camera or DCIM - you may need to drill down from the first level to find the files).   Copy the folder and then move to the card and select the location of the folder created by the picture you just took (the file structure will be the same as for phone storage).  Paste what you copied.   When it says the folder exists, select Overwrite - the picture you just took was merely to locate the folder and will be lost.  Note that you're copy in the folder location, not within the folder itself.   Once you're satisfied everything's there (check the gallery), you can delete the original folder on phone storage.  Don't use the Move option - if the write stage fails for any reason, the delete stage still goes ahead and you can lose everything.

It's also worth backup up to Dropbox and/or Google Photos as well so that you have copies even if you lose your device or the storage fails (sd cards are more prone to this than internal storage).

Hi @hrym,

Thanks for your answer.

I did everything you suggested but don't get the option to copy 

to SD card when selecting photo or folder.

However I did manage to set up the camera to save directly to SD card.

Very weird that copying or moving to SD card is not an option.

BandOfBrothers

If it isn't there then it should be !

If your passing a Vodafone High steet store I'd suggest to pop in with your phone as they maybe able to better help with being hands on @smithy123

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

OK, went to shop and was shown how to move stuff to SD card.

Long winded process compared to my windows phone.

Thanks for your help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @smithy123, I'm happy to see our team in store were able to assist with your SD card :Smiling:

If there's anything else you need in the future, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

hrym

File manager apps ahve slightly different interfaces, bur work much the same under the hood.   What you should be able to do is selcted the files you want, tap Copy, than navigate to the SD card and paste.   There won't be a specific "copy to card" option.   Internal and card storage are often on separate tabs and you may be able to swipe between them.  If not, tap the menu (usually in the top left hand corner) and select the card from there.

Edited to add: Ah, reading further down, I see you've got it done.   I haven't tried on a Windows phone, but the process I've described is much like managing files on a Windows pc.

hrym

A file manager, basically.   The phone will come with one, but yes, you can connect to a pc as an external drive and do it that way.