Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No radio on Vodafone Smart x9

Leecb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Myself and my daughter both have brand new Vodafone smart x9 phones. They are supposed to come with a radio but we can find an app to use the radio.

Tried Google play but can't find an app option that allows me to use the radio tuner.

Any ideas?

31 REPLIES 31

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Leecb

The phone does indeed have a radio as confirmed by GSMarena here: Vodafone Smart X9

There may be something in the user guide to help access the radio here: X 9 User Manual

Yes, all the specifications and their website says it has a radio but I can't find and app to use it on either phone.

The manual does not seem to mention the radio.

BandOfBrothers

Are you able to pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store for the guys there to see if they can help @Leecb ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was hoping someone would have an idea as I do not have a local store.

AnnS

Hi @Leecb

The first question to ask is if you are connecting the headset to the headset socket at the bottom of the phone.

If you have attached the headset to the phone,  you will be able to find the radio from the list of applications from the menu icon.  If you press the radio on/off button you will be able to use and tune the radio and have the option of automatic tuning and be able to saving the channel for future access.

I hope this helps and solves your question.

I was looking with headset in but could find no radio option/app

hrym

The radio control would be an app, and I assume you've looked in the app drawer?  (Terminology varies, but the name is usually the highly intuitive "FM Radio" :Smiley_face_with_shades:)   The headset is necessary to act as an aerial, that's all.

Yes, have looked for the app and had headset in. Can't find the app though so was wondering if I was missing something as it should have a radio.

hrym

I had a look at the manual (link above) and couldn't see anything.   It sounds as though the spec may be wrong, although I'm surrpised GSMArena repeated it - I thought they did their own tests, although they may not have been able to get access to this particular device.

Actually, I've just had a look at the online spec and there's no mention of a radio - has it perhaps been updated?  GSMArena still lists one.

This is going to need further investigation - if you bought the device specifically because it was listed as having a radio, you have cause for complaint and should be able to return it.  However, someone will need to confirm that the spec was listed wrongly by Vodafone at some point.   The forum team should be able to do that, and I'll alert them.