cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving emails over 4G when WiFi works ok.

robertn
4: Newbie

My Moto G5 used to send and receive emails over 4G fine but stopped. All other internet connections are ok. I am using a POP3 account and K9 email app. I didn't do anything at first as I presumed it was an update that hadn't gone well and would be cleared up. This didn't happen so I re-installed the app and it still didn't collect via the 4G network. I then installed Blue Mail app and that has the same problem, which makes me think it is a setting on the phone. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This has happened to me twice and twice I managed to get it resolved - only after about 5 vodafone visits/chats I might add!  With mine it was a security thing that vodafone had out on my account which affects emails coming in. Basically stops them dead as I was receiving none.  Ask them if you have secure net on your account and if so to take it off.  The agent did this for me and immediately my emails started coming through on mobile data only/4G - no wifi.  The first time it happened I was told again that it was because of the security on the phone so it fixed it both times.  Hope that helps anyone with this problem as there seems to be many folks experiencing the same thing. 

View solution in original position

41 REPLIES 41

This has happened to me twice and twice I managed to get it resolved - only after about 5 vodafone visits/chats I might add!  With mine it was a security thing that vodafone had out on my account which affects emails coming in. Basically stops them dead as I was receiving none.  Ask them if you have secure net on your account and if so to take it off.  The agent did this for me and immediately my emails started coming through on mobile data only/4G - no wifi.  The first time it happened I was told again that it was because of the security on the phone so it fixed it both times.  Hope that helps anyone with this problem as there seems to be many folks experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks for the info. Disabling Secure Net has sorted the problem.

After changing mobiles, buying PAYG SIMS and all the other times consuming efforts this fix has worked on my mobile and a work colleague who started a new contract about three weeks ago. As we are both on the same Business Plan it may be that Secure Net is automatically switched on (this was not the case when I renwed my contract in November). It may not be the case with personal contracts. Presumably this is why PAYG SIMs worked?

Thanks once again for the solution.

Bob