main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Note 8 Oreo update and WIFI calling

Highlighted
2: Seeker

When I first got my Samsung Note 8, I didnt have the wifi calling option visible in the call s ettings screen. After reading posts here, I called 191, and asked for the 'provisioning to be sent to the handset', and the button to enable Wifi calling magically appeared. Everything worked perfectly until the OTA Oreo update installed this week. The button has disappeared again. Unfortunately I cant seem to get hold of anyone on 191 to do the 'provisioning update' to the phone again. 

Is there anyone here that can help me? I live in an are with no coverage and this feature is very important to me.

View more options
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Calling 191 wphod be your best route @paul-home

However Live Chat can access your account and help you further too. 

It may also be beneficial to check in your myvodafone that the feature is still toggled On. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Three calls later and its still not working. I put a friends 3 sim in the phone and with zero setup the wifi calling option appeared. I am so fed up with this. In the last month I have been overcharged, had my spotify cut off and now this. I'm so fed up with Vodafone, I just want to leave and go somewhere else. Another provider could not be worse than this.

View more options
Highlighted

@paul-home It's disappointing to hear we were unable to help get your Wi-Fi Calling up and running when you called us. We'd also like to take a look into your charges and Spotify to ensure that any queries that you may have are resolved.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message. Please follow the details I've provided and we'll be in touch to assist you further.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Natasha, I have replied. I can live with the overcharge this month, and I am happy to raise a ticket about my Spotify expiring, but I really do need the WIFI calling as I live somewhere with zero Vodafone coverage and I got rid of my 2 Suresignal boxes when wifi calling was introduced.

View more options
Highlighted

That's great @paul-home, thanks for the update. We'll be in touch as soon as we reach your email.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Good luck with it mate, Vodafone don't have a clue when it comes to WiFi calling. Reckon  they make it up as they go along and if your phone not been brought from them you've more than likely got no chance. I've spoke to the phone manufacturer and the WiFi calling is available on my phone  tried another network  SIM to confirm and it works. My understanding is that  vodaphone won't push the small firmware update to make it work as your now finding by updating your firmware this function been removed. 

View more options
Highlighted

We'll be happy to take a look into this and help with setting your Wi-Fi Calling up for you @stewiebrown.

So we can do this, please contact us through the details I've provided in the private message I've sent to you.

View more options
Highlighted

I've not had a reply to my email of the 23rd :Sad_face:.

I went into a Vodafone store yesterday and they thought it was a problem with the SIM. They replaced it but it made no difference.

It seems like this problem is unresolvable. My phone is useless to me if I cant use it at home. 

Please will you let me out of my SIM only contract? I just need my phone to work, I cant spend any more of my time messing around like this.

View more options
Highlighted

@paul-home I can see that we responded to an email from you on the 20 April.

Please reply back to this email - we'll be happy to assist you further with your Wi-Fi Calling query and ensure this is resolved for you.

View more options
Highlighted

HI Natasha,

As above, I replied to that email, and to the email of the 23rd. Not had a response.

Thanks

Paul

View more options
Highlighted

Just a note to say that I finally got hold of someone on 191 who knew what they were talking about. They configured everything in about 5 minutes and the wifi calling menu item magically appeared. Ironically I was calling up to complain about Spotify having been cut off, I had given up on WIFI calling..

View more options
Highlighted

Any chance you know who sorted it for you? No one got back to me 😫

View more options
Highlighted

I think the first person that spoke to me was in the Alexandria call centre, he described himself as 'customer services' (sad that I seem to know the call centres that well after so many frustrating calls). He then put me through to someone in 'Technical support', who I would have guessed was in India. I would estimate I have had 20 calls, numerous web chats , a visit to the shop and also posted here. If I had not been tied into a contract I would have left long ago. My only suggestion is to persist if its important to you (it is critical for me to have this).

View more options
Highlighted

@paul-home I'm glad to hear that you've since been able to have Wi-Fi Calling activated. I apologise for the length of time it took to resolve things for you however if there's anything else that we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

@stewiebrown We really would to like to help. Please follow the steps given in my previous post and once a member of our team receives your details we'll be in touch to assist you further.

View more options
Highlighted

@natasha have done, no reply, given up now 😪

View more options
Highlighted

I'm sorry there's a delay with your reply @stewiebrown. So we can chase this for you, please let us know the case reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi Natasha & Mark - I'm trying to enable WiFi calling on my new Pixel 2. I spoke to a rep on Live Chat who swore that my handset didn't support it, which is obviously incorrect. Can you please help me to get this working?

/Matt

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @mattrigbye I think wht the CS rep. meant was Vodafone dont support it on your phone. Yes it is capable but not on vodafone.

As can be seen here, its not on the list of supported devices.

wifi.PNG

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Yep I understood that, however there are comments in this and other threads saying that it's possible to get it working on phones that aren't on that list.

How do you @mention someone here btw? :Smiling:

Thanks

/Matt

View more options