main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Note 8 Oreo update and WIFI calling

Highlighted
17: Community Champion

no worries @mattrigbye once you have posted a few times and your "rank" goes up its one of the features thats unlocked.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Ok, I’ll add my experience here as well.

Extremely fed up, I like everyone else who’s account has Wi-fi calling /4G calling enabled has had to make several calls etc. for the Wi-fi calling option to appear in the settings menu.  However, this setting as already mentioned doesn’t appear where Vodafone says it is.

For those that don’t know where the option for Wi-fi calling will appear, tap on the phone icon on the home screen> ellipsis (3 dots top right hand corner)> Settings> scroll down and you will find it just below the ‘Notifications’ settings.

However, as mentioned by others, this will only appear once Vodafone activate it, it’s not automatic which is naughty really as you have to find this out for yourself.  Ok, my experience was that the operative at the end of 191 “looked” in the “usual” place to check that Wi-fi calling was switched on, it was and then “checked” somewhere else and it wasn’t, “switched” it on 20 minutes later reboot phone and hey presto Wi-fi calling is enabled and working.  

Just for info, I use the London Underground which has both Vodafone Wi-fi and virgin media Wi-fi. To connect to Vodafone Wi-fi, you need to select “SIM” when the security pop appears and you’ll connect ok. Done all this and great, wifi calling which also works when connected on other providers Wi-fi.

Ok, fast forward to the Oreo up date and whilst I can connect to every other providers Wi-fi, I can’t connect to the Vodafone one, strange, connected to virgin media Wi-fi and no Wi-fi calling, here we go again.  In the end, I hard reset the phone, I can connect to the Vodafone Wi-fi again, yay! But, no Wi-fi calling, ggrrrrr.

Interestingly enough, I didn’t get any new configuration settings texts following the reset.  So, sent WEB to 40127 which sends the configuration text, installed, still no joy.

While this is all going on, the phone settings say Wi-fi calling is enabled, and, the My Vodafone App says Wi-fi calling is enabled.  Well I’ll tell you what, something isn’t because it’s dtill not working.

I have been into the store, who have turned it off and on again, I have turned it off and on again from the app, 191 have apparently turned it off and on again I have installed configuration settings and the next person that tells me to send “CALLING” to 97888 will get my phone metaphorically shoved up their ar*e.  As far as I’m concerned, this does absolutely nothing except to send you an automated text to say well add Wi-fi calling and confirm within 24hrs. That’s crap, I have never had any confirmation using this method of ‘activation’.

I have again spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone again tonight to 191 and whilst they are as helpful as they can be, it will remain to be seen that the service is now ‘enabled’ and working.  I am also fed up with having to explain this every time I speak with Vodafone.

I also have a work phone on a vodafone corporate contract, both phones have exactly the same APN, can connect to the same Wi-fi and yet Wi-fi calling works on the work mobile but not on the personal one.  This needs to be sorted out.

View more options
Highlighted

Did a little experiment this morning, on my work phone (iPhone SE) turned airplane mode on and then enabled Wi-fi. Oh look, Wi-fi calling kicks in.  Tried this on my Note 8, oh look, no Wi-fi calling.

if it’s to do with APN settings, would someone who has a Note 8 with working Wi-fi calling please post their settings just to confirm if mine are correct or not.

Or, if it is to do with the configuration settings that Vodafone sends to the phone to enable the WiFi calling settings, can it please be arranged to be sent again. I’ll provide my number etc. If someone from Vodafone will contact me.

View more options
Highlighted

@AFM We can certainly give the configuration messages a try to get the Wi-Fi Calling enabled. Please send us your details following the steps in this private message.

Alternatively, you can receive a configuration link by texting WEB to 40127.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Josh it will definitely be to send a configuration to "update the provisioning" on the handset.  Sending WEB to 40127 will only update the wap service configuration settings on the phone.

I have also responded to your PM.

View more options
Highlighted

This is still really frustrating. Particularly as the OTA provisioning is a ‘silent’ update, there is no text message, there is no configuration message where you find the WAP configuration messages.  Even more so when you get emails from support referring to my Apple device despite my thread here, my emails to tech support stating quite clearly that I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8.  Even suggesting it was perhaps not meant to have Wi-fi calling,  ##~##!  This seems to be ridiculous. The phone supports Wi-fi calling out of the box, enabling Wi-fi calling has to be done from Vodafone’s end, then the handset will give you the option. No, sending ‘WEB’ to 40127 will not enable it, this is just to send a configuration message to update / provide WAP mms details to the phone, it has nothing to do with Wi-fi calling.

Sending ‘CALLING’ to 97888 gets you an automatically generated text message which states that you’ll let us know when Wi-fi calling has been added/ enabled.  You get no such notification.

It was enough hassle getting it enabled in the first place and it was working on my phone, how many different ways can I explain this.   This is like walking backwards uphill whilst wading through treacle.  Why is this such a difficult issue to remedy Vodafone?!?

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

@Josh I have the same query above but am having difficulty getting any response from anyone from Vodafone here.

I've sent 'WEB’ to 40127 as instructed, but I jsut get another SMS saying that my handset itsn't supported

What else needs to be provisioned to get this working?

View more options
Highlighted

@AFM I can see that you've mentioned you've sent your details via the private message that was sent. We'll be able to look into this further from there. @mattrigbye we're happy to look into this closer as well. Send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

View more options
Highlighted

You guys must have serious issues with Wi-Fi CALLING as this is still not working and, it just gets better, I have had to change my work mobile, it's an iPhone SE and oh look, unsurprisingly , Wi-Fi CALLING has now stopped working on this number. [Removed] Vodafone why is this so difficult???????

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

@AFM - I’m sorry to hear you’re still unable to use Wi-Fi Calling. Please reply to the last email we sent on 10 June.

We’ll then look into this further.

View more options
Highlighted

I don’t have a PM from the 10th June, but I have had several correspondence with reference ETF195 [#18858403] and directly with a lady called May. 

Ill tell you what, why don’t you call me, you have my mobile number. 

View more options
Highlighted

@AFM I've just double checked this and can see we sent the email on the 10 June. It's worth checking your spam / junk mail if you're not able to locate this in your primary inbox. 

View more options
Highlighted

Adam, I'm really pleased you checked that an email was sent on the 10th June.  I've had several emails from Vodafone, how about actually being proactive for once and not just tell me an email has been sent, and actually have the nouse to send it again and not just ask if I've checked my spam box because I hadn't thought about checking there, no, really I hadn't.

As previously explained,  I have had several phone calls, several emails direct with individual staff and your general customer services so instead of telling me you've double checked an email was sent why don't you acfually be proactive and  call me as I have requested.  You have my permission to ring me it really isn't all that difficult, it's only 11 numbers, I've even written it down for customer sevices too.

Just one further query, are you taught how to grind the customer down so they give up?  I ask as Vodafone seem to be exceptionally good at it.

View more options
Highlighted

@AFM The reason I asked whether you've checked your junk/spam mail is because often the messages from us are filtered as such. I've resent the email as requested. Please let us know if you don't receive this.

View more options
Highlighted

I am having the exact same issue.

I had an open case to get the option provisioned to my phone, but still although WiFi calling is enable on the vodafone app and the Note8 it just doesn't work! Not at home, work or the underground (places where i do not have network coversge most of the time). Support doesn't seem to know what else to do! For instance, as soon I put a 3 UK or EE SIM on my phone it works out of the box (without the need of calling the network to provision the setting).

There is obviously something wrong as multiple customers with the same smartphone are complaining.

It surprises me that vodafone can't test this on an unbranded phone to help customers like us. Not everyone likes to be tied to a locked phone.

What else do we need to do to have this escalated to the SME's?

Thanks in advance.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@alal We'd be happy to look into the Wi-Fi Calling issue for you on your Samsung Note8. 

As we may need to access your account to assist further, I've popped you a private message with our contact details 🙂

View more options