Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 8 WiFi Calling and Video Call button

shtef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

It seems that i need help as well with wifi calling.

Tried calling 191 but they don't understand what they have to do (you need to train more your team VODAFONE - everybody keeps saying that a text will arrive soon.....and so on....)

so please help me with wifi calling option 

- Another thing is the Video Call button that is missing (you know when you click a contact and 4 buttons pops out under it......well in my case only 3 buttons pops out)

I have all the services activated on my line (191 said so, and i have seen on my vodafone as well)

The phone in question is a Note 8 , paymonthly business fully updated android

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @shtef

With this being a business account id suggest to look.at this Vodafone link > Vodafone-wi-fi-calling for business.

And this is a similar thread but for a consumer account and different Samsung Phone Model but may help. > Wi-fi-enabling-on-Samsung-S7-phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

In regards to Video calls....

Are you and the other party getting a good strong 3g signal to I initiate a video call ?

Current Phone  >

about the video call........the button is not there . usualy the button is and if the signal is not strong enough or is somenthing else it says unable to make video call......but the button is not there

BandOfBrothers

As I'm not on a Business contract I can't check on my phone. 

My s8 was purchased directly from Samsung and I'm on Payg and the video call button is there. 

It might be beneficial to contact your Business Accounts Manager for them to check.at their end and if required provision the account for Video calls if it needs it. 

Current Phone  >

i have no wifi calling otion under the three dots.....this is wat i am trying to say

BandOfBrothers

@shtef wrote:

i have no wifi calling otion under the three dots.....this is wat i am trying to say

Ok then if trying to set up with calling via the official guidance in the links then they pay need to push to provision that too. 

I have heard of people turning off Calling Over WiFi in their myvodafone for 24 hours and then send the set up text and then after 24 hours turn it back on in your myvodafone and reboot the phone by turning the device Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

print screen for video call barr

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@shtef It does sound like we'd need to check your account from our end to ensure Wi-Fi Calling is enabled. 

We're unable to access Business accounts, however if you contact our team using the link in the private message I've sent, we'll be able to get you in touch with our dedicated team.

I'm unsure about your video calling option not being available and this is also something they'll be able to check for you. In the meantime you may wish to consider a third party app which offers video calling services 🙂

Until today nothing. My phone is the same. I was reading an early topic where someone is saying that the settings text could be stuck in a queue on your server. Can we please check this?