Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 8 WiFi Calling

ahep
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After waiting weeks for Wifi Calling to be activated on my S8+, I now feel that history is repeating itself with the Note 8.

WiFi Calling is not an option 'out of the box', texting CALLING to 97888 does nothing, all vodafone customer services can tell me is that the service has been activated and are honestly as much use as a chocolate teapot; the inconsistency in information is beyond a joke.

I can't be the only person having this problem.  I have literally no signal at home and little at work, so wifi calling is a must.

Vodafone, is there a time frame for this service to be activated? Seriously unimpressed having paid £200 upfront and £60+ a month on a 24 month contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOLVED!!!!

After amusing myself with the Live Chat guys I rang 191 and found someone who really did manage to help, feels like winning the lottery :Smiling:

He said he was going to "force" the handset by sending and over-the-air configuration update. I was expecting to get one of those config sms messages but nope, no texts, just the lovely, lovely "Vodafone WiFi Call" notification :Laughing_Face:

So, if you want WiFi Calling on your Note 8: call 191, tell the robot "WiFi Calling" and ask the support guy or girl to send a configuration to "update the provisioning" on your handset.

Special thanks goes out to Michael in the Technical Support Team who figured out this issue without wasting time with the usual "have you tried turning it off and on again" :Laughing_Face:

View solution in original position

75 REPLIES 75

Same here

swapped my sim from S7E which had working wifi calling ...pops it in my note8 no wifi calling

Tried usual turn off wifi calling via webpage wait an hour then text 97888 etc  no luck

I even tried changing APN settings and getting tech support to send mms/wap settings still not working

I have given my wife my old S7E popped her o2 sim in wifi disappeared as expected apn swapped to o2 no vodafone apn visable..... so I then put my vodafone sim from note8 into S7E and guess what ...wifi calling reappeared !!!!!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ahep and @pinkpound - It's not good to hear the issues you're hvaing getting this set up. 

As it doesn’t sound like an issue with your account, we’re looking into this for you and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

Thank you for your response.

The most frustrating thing about this is that I keep being told by advisers that wifi calling is active on the account; that may be so, but it definitely is not working on the handset, as was my experience for the first few weeks of owning the S8+ and S7 Edge.

Seriously considering moving networks, as after over ten years with vodafone, am sick and tired of these issues and the poor customer service.  Over five hours on the phone regarding this matter... and counting.

I will give it a few more days then I will have to leave Vodafone as I need wifi calling

How do you know if wifi calling is working and does it work on incoming calls?

You will get an icon on the task bar , It will only become active when there is no network connection

You can test it by putting phone in to flight mode and turning wifi back on

20181116_103621.jpg