Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 9 and wifi calling

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

I've gone for the Samsung  Note 9 but this time have bought it out right away from vodafone but will be putting my vodafone sim in to it will I still be able to use wifi calling when available on it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Both my phones S7E/Note 8 (Note 9 on order)are Sim Free and are  none Vodafone firmware and Wifi calling works

Just search over past phones releases and your see you have to ring surpport and get to send the config files

Call surpport and and say "wifi calling" then ask the rep to "update provisoning"  they can use the S9+ templete as its the same phone basically

Reboot and Wifi calling "should" work

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes but only if and when Vodafone add the Samsung Note 9 model it'll work even though it's not been bought from Vodafone. 

And if your on an eligible tariff and contract type. 

Vodafone wi-fi-calling.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Both my phones S7E/Note 8 (Note 9 on order)are Sim Free and are  none Vodafone firmware and Wifi calling works

Just search over past phones releases and your see you have to ring surpport and get to send the config files

Call surpport and and say "wifi calling" then ask the rep to "update provisoning"  they can use the S9+ templete as its the same phone basically

Reboot and Wifi calling "should" work

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

Thanks for the info 

*Update*

Got my sim free Note 9 today direct from Samsung (24/08)

Rang 191 and used instructions and wifi caaling is now working  :Thumbs_Up: 

have done that here as well They told me to text "calling" to 97888 and then it should work will let you all know 

does not seem to have worked here they have also refreshed the wifi calling setting my my account last night and still no  option on the note 9 for wifi calling 

Did they update provisioning ?

Try this .. goto your account online disable wifi calling give it about an 1 hour then text 97888 after getting the wifi is turned on text

reboot phone and check again

If not ring up and get them to update provisoning

Will try it thanks 

not having much luck here I have rang them again they say please give it another few hours ,  Just checking it's not me missing something the setting should be under the phone settings ?

** Just got text to say I can now use  "Data while abroad"  No one asked for that to be turned on all i asked for was WIFI Calling to be turned on or should i say "update provisioning" **