Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 9 and wifi calling

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

I've gone for the Samsung  Note 9 but this time have bought it out right away from vodafone but will be putting my vodafone sim in to it will I still be able to use wifi calling when available on it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Both my phones S7E/Note 8 (Note 9 on order)are Sim Free and are  none Vodafone firmware and Wifi calling works

Just search over past phones releases and your see you have to ring surpport and get to send the config files

Call surpport and and say "wifi calling" then ask the rep to "update provisoning"  they can use the S9+ templete as its the same phone basically

Reboot and Wifi calling "should" work

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Sounds like they are not updating the provisioning on your handset

Mine became active while I was still on the call no need for reboot

Screenshot_20180829-220325_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

As you can see its working in flight mode

After loads of calls and spending way over 2 hours on phone tonight it is now working 

Great news  ..enjoy

OK - so I recently got a Note 9 (purchased from CPW, not directly from Vodafone).

There was no Wifi Calling option in the Phone > Settings screen, so following the advice here I rang 191 and asked them to Update Provisioning. After doing this a couple of times, I checked and the Wifi Calling option had appeared on my phone.

Happy days - or so I thought. I rebooted the handset last night and after that the Wifi Calling option has disappeared from the menu :Sad_face:

I rang 191 again and got an extremely helpful advisor (Noor) who has resent the Provisioning message - and always rings me back when she says she will! - but so far the Wifi Calling option is still missing from the Phone > Settings page (it's also not in Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings). My tariff includes Wifi Calling, it is enabled when I check in My Vodafone, and I've texted CALLING to 97888 many, many times.

Any suggestions as to anything else I can try?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Strowger When you spoke with 191 last did they advise that the Wi-Fi Calling feature was still provisioned on your account? There may be a chance this had removed itself following a reboot.

Hello

latest security update has been causing people to lose WiFi calling option on other networks as well looking at XDA forums.

A simple reboot should not interfere with WiFi calling

I'd ring and get them to update the provisioning again

I'd get

Thanks for the suggestions.

I rang 191 and got them to resend the Provisioning Message. About 40 minutes later the Wifi Calling option was showing on my phone (I have the screenshots to prove it!).

This morning, I rebooted my handset and the option has again disappeared 😞

That is a strange 1

Have you thought about clearing the cache  in recovery   ?...this wont wipe your date  or remove passwords etc

Are you on the latest update ?

Thanks.

Yes, I had tried clearing cache in Recovery (and have just done it again).

I'm on the 1st October 2018 security patch, which I believe is the latest.

It's not an easy one to troubleshoot - there's a limit to how many times I can ring 191, get the Provisioning Updated, wait for it to take effect, and then reboot the handset to see if it's persistent!

I may just wait until the 1st November patch is released and see whether that makes any difference...

Hi all, following this thread with interest. I'm interested in joining Vodafone and interested in getting the Note 9. I could get it direct from Vodafone, but there are much better deals out there if I get the phone elsewhere.

Can I just confirm who has managed to get Wifi calling to work:

(a) having got the Note 9 from Vodafone?

(b) having got the Note 9 from elsewhere?

Thanks!