Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 9 and wifi calling

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

I've gone for the Samsung  Note 9 but this time have bought it out right away from vodafone but will be putting my vodafone sim in to it will I still be able to use wifi calling when available on it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Both my phones S7E/Note 8 (Note 9 on order)are Sim Free and are  none Vodafone firmware and Wifi calling works

Just search over past phones releases and your see you have to ring surpport and get to send the config files

Call surpport and and say "wifi calling" then ask the rep to "update provisoning"  they can use the S9+ templete as its the same phone basically

Reboot and Wifi calling "should" work

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Hello

b)  simfree Note 9 with WiFi calling working fine on a sim only contract from Vodafone

Just follow the instructions in this thread once you have the phone and WiFi calling should work fine

Nice one @pinkpound! Thanks.

For me, neither.

My Note 9 was bought from CPW and, despite following all the instructions here, and managing to get the "Wifi Calling" option on my handset, it disappears after a reboot.

Meant to ask earlier are you XEU or  BTU 

Looks like it's neither - it's O2U.

Well thats O2 firmware

No wonder WiFi calling will not work on Vodafone

So to get WiFi Calling working, I assume that I'll need to flash with non-O2 firmware. Would you know whether it makes any difference if I flash BTU or XEU?

Also, assume that I'll lose all my data and will need to set up my phone again after flashing?

BTU is direct from Samsung   , XEU is from CPW ..mobilesdirect  etc simfree

BTU your best bet

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/official-stock-fw-update-odin-thread-xx-t38252...

Do a back up 1st

You could try just flashing over your firmware and see if it will ovewrite the O2 firmware  that will keep all your data and aps intacked ..if you get problems (crashes etc) or O2 CSC is still on then full wipe will be needed ...

In the "Samfirm software" in 2nd post replace TUR with BTU and it will bring the latest version down  (18/11/2018 )  then foloow the tut on Odin flashing