Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note4 update

mancman
4: Newbie

Since doing a recent update on my galaxy note 4 I've had trouble charging the the phone. I managed to do a factory reset but now I'm not able to charge the phone at all it just keeps vibrating

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Here are a few things you can try:

• Try doing another factory reset.  
  • Also, try using a different charger and cable.  
  • Clean the charging port out - make sure there is no dust or fluff in there
  • Check that the power button isn't stuck
  • Remove the battery cover and battery and clean the contacts on the battery and the device.
  • Try a different battery in the device if you have one

Only use a dry, lint free cloth when cleaning the various connections out

If all of that doesn't work, it could potentially be a hardware issue.  Pop down to your local Samsung Repair Centre and see what they can do.  Depending on their workload they may be able to fix the device while you wait or in a few hours.  If there isn't a repair centre near you and you bought the handset from Vodafone, you can drop the handset off at a Voddafone Store and they can send it off for repair. 

PWIAC

Hi there thanks for the info all the points you've said have been done I took it to a Vodafone shop who said take it to a Samsung centre have you any idea what they'll do to try and fix it

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually they'll first flash the firmware and do most of what you can do i.e. Try chargers etc. 

Then i assume they'll look at the charging port and the boards inside to check that no drop damage is evident and that the water sensors haven't been tripped. 

Then it'll be onto checking the internal boards and connections. 

Bear in mind I'm not a trained authorised engineer.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p and band of brothers thanks for your advice it was very much appreciated. Band of brothers i looked at the 1st internet link which suggested I turn the phone of,remove the battery,press ON button for 30secs,replace battery and connect to charger which i did and got it to charge to 100%. I think the connection port on the phone is a bid dodgy as I sometimes have to wiggle it a little. But hopefully I'm now back up and running hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks to you both your advice is very much appreciated thanks chaps

drey_p

@mancman wrote:

I think the connection port on the phone is a bid dodgy as I sometimes have to wiggle it a little.

You shouldn't have to wiggle the connection to get the phone to charge.  I'd recommend that you get that fixed sooner rather than later as unfortunately, it is likely to get worse as the wiggling loosens the connection further. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mancman

If you do not have a nearby Samsung Service Centre then I'd suggest contacting Samsung Uk Support. 

Link > Samsung uk support.

If you have to send it off to Samsung or you use Vodafone's Repair options by visiting the store then I'd also suggest the following. 

• Take Time / Date stamped pictures of the device to show the condition you sent it back in and one of it turned on if you can.
  • Create a Back up as they'll flash the firmware. 
  • From Vodafone.. "Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."
  • If sending off via a Vodafone Store as the employee to note down the phones condition on their system. 

Some help from the Internet. Full credits to the authors. 

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/07/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-note-4-thats-not-charging-troubleshooting-g...

https://www.orduh.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-not-charging-fix/

http://www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-note-4-not-charging-issue/

Current Phone  >

Sorry just to add,  :Smiling:

If sending off via Vodafone ask them if you qualify for a Loan phone. It will depend if they have one in stock too. 

Current Phone  >

mancman
4: Newbie
Will do thanks very much for the advice much appreciated