Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note8: RCS option and HD voice

alal
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I recently swapped my phone from an S8+ to a Note8, both unlocked and unbraded bought on the Samsung store.

On my S8+ I had the RCS (Rich Communication Services) menu under Call - Settings. On my Note8 that option is missing. Samsung says it is something provided by the network provider and it is right. On my S8+ when I first inserted my Vodafone SIM that option was missing. It only appeared a day later. This makes me think that It is something provisioned by Vodafone, similar to the WiFi calling option.

Attached a picture from my S8+ with the option.

Is there anything I can do? Please I really use that option!!

Also, not sure if I have HD voice enabled? My wife calls me from an S8 and I see the HD icon on the S8 screen, but on my Note8 I do not see any reference to HD. Is this expected?

As a side note, Note8 cannot receive automatic configuration messages. It says that my device is not supported?!

"It looks like you?ve swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn?t support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo"

No support for Note8 from Vodafone?

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back.

My S8+ was vanilla and I had all the options, so I do not quite get this justification.

How about saying me Note8 is not a supported phone?

I would like more detailed information please as I am currently feeling that I am not getting clear info from Vodafone. Phone or store support is not able to provide any information and Vodafone does not provide any other channels for me to get such info.

Thanks.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alal We want to make sure we answer all of your questions, so this has been raised again to get some further clarification for you. 

As soon as we hear back, we'll update this thread and let you know 😊

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alal We've had an update from our team.

If RCS isn't embedded in the phone, we're unable to add this to its software. You can download the Message+ app to have the same benefits as RCS.

Ok. But any reason why?

What about my other queries... HD voice and the text saying my phone is not supported?

Cheers.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alal - I’m sorry we’ve answered your questions as best as we can and there’s nothing further we can add at this time.

No one answered my question regarding Note8 not being supported... can I have a statement from Vodafone please?

Sorry to say but poor customer service here.

vinaychandel121
1: Seeker

How about saying me Note8 is not a supported phone?