Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nougat and Wi-Fi calling

mtcsltd
6: Helper
6: Helper

My S7 edge updated to Nougat on Tuesday.

I noticed that Wi-Fi calling was not working anymore after the upgrade.

I couldn't find any options for Wi-Fi calling in settings directly like it just to be with Marshmallow.

Called 191 for assistance, no joy there. They tried putting me through to technical, who wouldn't talk to me evidently, back to customer services, who put me through to Samsung, who said it's a Vodafone problem!

Anyway, to cut a long boring story short, I found the setting for Wi-Fi calling in the Phone app.

1. Start the Phone app
  2. Hit the three dots in the top right corner
  3. Select Settings from the dropdown list
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom where you should see Wi-Fi calling, where you can turn it on and off

Hope that saves you some time!

4 REPLIES 4

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mtcsltd

Thanks for your post, though I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to speak to our technical team. 

If you need any further help, please pop us another post. 

Thanks, 

usan14
4: Newbie
I got Vodafone variant Galaxy S7 and updated to Android 7 but can not see any wifi calling option in the phone app setting. I had wifi calling before update to Andriod 7 but after update it has gone.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@usan14

Please see our Wi-Fi Calling page for information about this. 

I hope this helps.

Just updated my Vodafone GALAXY S7 to Andriod 7 Nougat but after update I am unable to share my S7 content with Samsung UE40KU6400 smart tv.
Phone and tv is connected on the same wifi network. Phone connected with tv works as tv remote control but unable to use smart view to share photo, videos on tv.
Smart view was working before update to Andriod 7.
Anyone have same issue, can help to sort this out ?
Many Thanks